Actions and Detail Panel
HIT Unconference 2017
Wed, 22 February 2017, 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM EST
HIT Unconference is a new initiative to boost entrepreneurship and career development in Health Care technology. We will be addressing the most common question to new health innovators "How to get started?" as the central theme. Our facilitators will be guiding the audience as we address your questions to our field experts and provide you with a personalized conclusion to your pressing questions on that day.
The event will be featuring four keynote speakers to speak in the McLeod auditorium as well as a panel discussion on ‘Bench to Business’, where you will learn from entrepreneurs who once started off as a biomedical graduate themselves.
The event will be held on the 22nd of February, 2017, in the hub of life science, medicine and technology: University of Toronto's McLeod Auditorium in the heart of the Discovery District of Toronto.
A photographer will be on-site and we will be live on Twitter and Instagram with #HITu2017 (www.twitter.com/HITunconference & www.instagram.com/HITunconference). Feel free to join the social media conversation using #HITu2017!
No clue as to what to ask? We asked for you in the following video: https://youtu.be/Z7JQOQFdDtg. We hope this will inspire you to find the topics most relevant to your needs and to bring these into the event's activities.
8.30am Registration opens
9.10am Priming talks
- 9.10am - Arts for Dementia
- 9.15am - SteadfastBeta
- 9.20am - DashMD
9.30am Agenda setting
10.00am Breakout sessions
11.20am Keynote talks featuring:
- 11.20am - Alec Levin, CEO & Founder of SteadfastBeta
- 11.40am - Ingrid Yu & Aqil Hirji, Communications Manager & Business Intelligence Analyst of Figure1
- 12.00pm - Zack Fisch-Rothbart, CEO & Founder of DashMD
12.20pm Streamline panel 'Bench to Business' presents:
- Alec Levin, CEO & Founder of SteadfastBeta
- Cory Blumenfeld, COO of DashMD
- Liza Futerman, Founder of Arts for Dementia and TEDx speaker
- Tom Leung, CSO & Founder of BenchSci