Bringing people from the community together with government and local employers to discuss inclusive hiring, accommodation practices and employment.
The third event in a series of forums being held throughout BC
and Alberta. Join like-minded employers who want to support
employees with disabilities and government representatives who
are looking to tackle workforce issues facing their organizations
and the community in Chilliwack. You will hear first-hand about
successful, real-world approaches to complex program
management, as well as gain insight into the stories and
journeys of real people who have done exceptional things
regardless of their abilities and disabilities.
- Surjit Atwal, CEO of IDCG
- Darryl Plecas, MLA - Abbotsford
- Patrick Giesbrecht, Chair, B.C. Chamber of Commerce
- Paul Henczel, Author & Co-Creator, Story Academy
- Ted Croft, Business Development/Quality, Eleos Aerospace
- Steven Taylor-Lewis, GM/Operations, Eleos Aerospace
Early-bird tickets are now free thanks to our sponsors.
Tickets bought on the day of the event will be $30.
- Emerging trends and insights
- Inclusive hiring
- Employee retention and return to work after disability
- Accommodation options
- Network + Questions
The Coast Chilliwack Hotel
The Rosedale Room
45920 First Ave, Chilliwack
BC, V2P 7K1
Who Should Attend?
Community leaders, people with disabilities who would like
to meet and discuss issues with employers, educators and
government members, employers who want to support
employees with disabilities, members of organizations
addressing workforce issues in Chilliwack, and anyone
who is interested in issues of equity.
Professionals with the following responsibilities should attend:
- Absence and disability management
- Return to work programs
- Human Resources/Benefits
- Health and productivity management
- Occupational health and safety
- Workers’ compensation