Improv Level 2: Focus
The clear second step in learning the basics of improv, Improv Level 2: Focus teaches students to come up with unique characters quickly, and how to play with them inside the stories they make. Expanding on the Level 1 class, students will learn more of the story structure needed to make stories with others, fill the story with unique characters that they come up with, and change their characters based on what happens. All the while having fun and stretching your brain!
Prerequisites: Our Level 1 Improv class, or instructor permission.
- Students will learn the importance of status in scenes, and how to portray high and low status when they play a character
- Students will learn techniques that allow them to create characters different from themselves
- Students will learn the importance of scene platforms and understand how to tilt scenes.
- Students will understand story structure from inside a scene and can resolve problems to find a satisfying end to scenes.
16 Hours total. 4 Hour classes over four Sundays
15 student max
For information regarding a waitlist for this class, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no Refunds for this class.
Instructor TBA, but all instructors are mainstage cast members at Instant Theatre, with years of improv experience.
The Next Step:
- Drop in Classes - The always new and exciting drop in classes 1:30-4:00 Every Saturday https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/casual-saturdays-the-improv-drop-in-tickets-27765667860
- House Party - Instant’s fun Jam show where anyone can come and play, Every Wednesday 8:00-10:00 at the Studios
- Improv Level 3: Action - To learn more about the action of being on stage. 24 Hours total. 4 hour classes over Six Saturdays.
- Genre Workout - Instant’s focused monthly genre intensive lets you build on some skills around a new genre every month. 4-8 the first Saturday of every month.
For another take on comedy, try our Stand Up Level 1, or Sketch Comedy Level 1 Classes