Actions and Detail Panel
Innovate through Design - Ottawa
Thu, 15 Jun 2017, 8:30 AM – Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 12:30 PM EDT
You are keen to learn how to innovate and bring your team to think out of the box? This Design Thinking workshop will help you develop practical and innovative solutions for your problems. Design Thinking is a human-focused, prototype-driven process for innovation.
- Create innovative solutions that better meet your customers needs and bring a competitive advantage
- Develop a culture of innovation in your team that breaks the silos and embraces empathy and co-creation
- Reduce risks in projects using a collaborative and iterative approach
- Acquire the fundamental concepts of Design Thinking
- Learn practical design thinking methods to break patterns and develop out-of-the-box thinking
- Become familiar with the design process phases
The course will start with an introduction to the fundamental concepts of Design Thinking and problem-solving. Other topics covered include:
Developing an empathic approach and a culture based on collaboration and innovation
Techniques to brainstorm ideas
A case study workshop, sketching, and prototyping
Annemarie Lesage leads Yu Centrik’s team of user researchers, UX strategists and UX designers, while also integrating collaborative design into the ideation and innovation processes. She holds a PhD in Industrial Design (Université de Montréal), and has focused her research on theemotional dimensions of user experiences.
Annemarie joined Sapient’s user experience modelling group – XMod in 2000, in New York. Since 2003, she has taught various courses at Université Laval (co-teaching design research in 2005), Concordia, UQAM and Université de Montréal (experience design, since 2010).
She is an extraordinary teacher, fully bilingual and very much connected to the business world.
FEE AND DURATION
2 half-days (from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm)
Regular Fee $840 + taxes
Group Discount (3+) $670 + taxes