Actions and Detail Panel
innovateworkTO: Learn, Network and Shape the Future World of Work
Tue, 16 May 2017, 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM EDT
The #iwTORONTO series of meet-ups starts with a bang as we invite HR, Talent, Tech and C-Level pros to join us for an evening of learning and networking.
The theme for the May 16 event is: Innovative ways companies are recruiting and engaging talent.
Each month, we'll come together to provide speakers and networking ops for HR and leaders in Toronto looking to shape how we engage and collaborate with colleagues in the future world of work.
Free to attend. Drinks and snacks provided. Seats are limited so RSVP to apply for your place on the guest list.
Join our meetup group for latest info on the events happening in June and July 2017.
As an HR and Tech community, we are always looking for ways to improve how we can respond and/or get ahead of our changing workplace. Our main goal is to continually recruit, retain and engage employees, and it is getting more challenging than ever!
The Canadian HR community isn’t sitting back, but pushing forward to innovate. We have gathered exciting Canadian HR leaders and innovators that are making waves at every stage of the employee lifecycle.
What to expect:
- You’ll hear what HR leaders and workplace innovators are doing in 2017 to improve the workplace
- You won’t get a pitch of a company or technology, rather innovative approaches of how companies are disrupting current practices and adding high-value to the HR community.
- You’ll get to hang with cool HR and Tech people - we want to ensure we network and build connections.
- Oh, we got cool drinks, awesome snacks, and a convenient location
• 5:30 - 6:30 Network
• 6:30 - 6:45 Event Introduction
• 6:45 - 7:30 - The Consumerization of HR: What the future looks like and how business leaders must evolve
Moderator: Daneal Charney, Talent Lead, MaRS Venture Services
Farhan Thawar, CTO, CoFounder of Helpful
Elijah Moore, CEO, CoFounder of Collage
David Wexler, Wexler Human Capital Consulting
• 7:35 - 8:45 - HR Leader Series
7:35 - 7:55 - Talent Acquisition Reinvented - The Agile Approach (on hiring twice the amount of people in half the time) - Avery Francis, Director, Talent at Rangle.io
• 8:00 - 8:20 - Going Beyond D&I programs: The daily practice of becoming an inclusive leader - Deanne Dillon, Senior Director, HR at SNC-Lavalin
• 8:25 - 8:45 - (TBD)
• 8:45 - around 9:15/9:30 Networking
Panel and Session Details:
The Consumerization of HR: What the future looks like and how business leaders must evolve
This panel, led by Daneal Charney, digs deep into the future of the workplace, what it will look like, and what company leaders and HR professionals will need to consider as the world of work evolves. Panel members are visionaries in the realm of workplace innovation, technology and have interesting views on how organizations must respond to the rapidly changing expectations of employees.
Please note: Our first event has a modest capacity of 60-70 people. We will carefully select attendees and confirm at least 2 weeks prior to the event if you've been accepted as a guest. Members who are not invited for the May event will get lots of other opportunities to network with our new community as we look to roll out monthly meet-ups.