Actions and Detail Panel
INTERACTIVE TRAINING ON TRANS AND GENDER-DIVERSE MENTAL HEALTH CARE
Tue, 30 May 2017, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
This full day workshop, sponsored by OASW Huronia Highlands, Rainbow Health Ontario, and Gilbert Centre, is designed for social workers, social work students, and community members who want to learn more about transgender issues.
The morning is an introduction to gender diversity, presented by Jordan Zaitzow, MSW, RSW. Topics include;
- the language, terminoology, intersectionality and social context of gender diversity
- the social determiniants of health
- understanding transphobia
- recognizing and addresses barriers to care
The afternoon focuses on attachment-informed counselling with trans youth/young adults and their families, presented by Lindsay Elin, MSW, RSW. Topics include:
- Microaggressions in clinical practice
- Working with parents from an emotion regulation lens
- A family therapy model for working with trans youth/young adults and their parents
A delicious lunch is included in your workshop fee.