TouchDesigner is the leading platform for interactive media and immersive design, and is used to create the world's largest installations.
The session explores intermediate concepts in TouchDesigner such as an introduction to network optimization, managing multi-user development, creating re-usable custom components, using replicators to template functionality, and using instancing to create scalable and dynamic 3D content.
Elburz is the Immersive Technical Director of zero11zero, lead of nVoid division, and is one of the leading authorities on TouchDesigner.
He has worked on product launches, permanent installations, and worldwide tours with clients like google, Kanye West, Giorgio Armani, Burj Khalifa, Nike, US Open, TIFF, Bionic League, Seattle Art Museum, Cannes Lions, Axwell & Ingrosso, Verizon, and Derivative. Elburz has lead teams across the world from Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Montreal, Shanghai, Tokyo, Dubai, and Europe.
- Introduce optimization concepts and tools
- Structure projects for teams working in parallel
- Create re-usable components with custom parameters
- Use replicators to create content from templates
- Explore advanced instancing techniques for scalable 3D content
- Computer capable of running TouchDesigner (https://www.derivative.ca/088/Downloads/)
- Educational, Commercial, or Pro License of TouchDesigner
- General knowledge of TouchDesigner
- Basic knowledge of Python scripting in TouchDesigner