Actions and Detail Panel
Introduction to Lean Six Sigma
Thu, 20 Apr 2017, 8:30 AM – Fri, 21 Apr 2017, 4:00 PM MDT
Introduction to Lean Six Sigma
Course number: 085096
Course Length: 2.0 day(s)
Course Description –
Course Objective –
You will identify the fundamental concepts of Lean Six Sigma.
Target Student –
This course is intended for any level of employee and various levels of management that intend to take an active role in the Lean Six Sigma methodology.
Basic end-user skills with the word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications from any suite of office productivity software, such as Microsoft Office.
Course Objectives –
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- describe the basics of Lean Six Sigma.
- describe a Lean Six Sigma organization.
- conduct Lean Six Sigma DMAIC phase 1: the Define phase.
- conduct Lean Six Sigma DMAIC phase 2: the Measure phase.
- conduct Lean Six Sigma DMAIC phase 3: the Analyze phase.
- conduct Lean Six Sigma DMAIC phase 4: the Improve phase.
- conduct Lean Six Sigma DMAIC phase 5: the Control phase.
- describe the implementation of Lean Six Sigma.
Course Content –
Lesson 1: Fundamentals of Lean Six Sigma
- Topic 1A: Describe Lean Six Sigma
- Topic 1B: Identify the Elements of Six Sigma
- Topic 1C: Identify the Elements of Lean
- Topic 1D: Relate Lean Six Sigma to Other Quality Methodologies
Lesson 2: Describing a Lean Six Sigma Organization
- Topic 2A: Determine the Need for a Customer-Driven Organization
- Topic 2B: Identify CTQs from the VOC
- Topic 2C: Identify Lean Six Sigma Projects
- Topic 2D: Identify Lean Six Sigma Teams and Roles in an Organization
- Topic 2E: Identify Lean Six Sigma Methodologies
Lesson 3: Conducting Lean Six Sigma DMAIC Phase 1: The Define Phase
- Topic 3A: Describe the Define Phase
- Topic 3B: Draft a Project Charter
- Topic 3C: Draft an SIPOC Diagram
Lesson 4: Conducting Lean Six Sigma DMAIC Phase 2: The Measure Phase
- Topic 4A: Describe the Measure Phase
- Topic 4B: Create a Process Map
- Topic 4C: Create a Fishbone Diagram
- Topic 4D: Create the Cause and Effect Matrix
- Topic 4E: Gather Data
Lesson 5: Conducting Lean Six Sigma DMAIC Phase 3: The Analyze Phase
- Topic 5A: Describe the Analyze Phase
- Topic 5B: Perform Basic Statistical Calculations
- Topic 5C: Perform Correlation
- Topic 5D: Create a Value Stream Map
- Topic 5E: Identify Wastes in a Process
- Topic 5F: Perform Process Value Analysis
- Topic 5G: Perform Pareto Analysis
Lesson 6: Conducting Lean Six Sigma DMAIC Phase 4: The Improve Phase
- Topic 6A: Describe the Improve Phase
- Topic 6B: Establish a Pull System
- Topic 6C: Generate Ideas for Solutions
- Topic 6D: Assess Risks
- Topic 6E: Pilot Solutions
Lesson 7: Conducting Lean Six Sigma DMAIC Phase 5: The Control Phase
- Topic 7A: Describe the Control Phase
- Topic 7B: Draft a Process Management Plan
- Topic 7C: Perform SPC
Lesson 8: Describing the Implementation of Lean Six Sigma
- Topic 8A: Identify the Essentials of Lean Six Sigma Implementation
- Topic 8B: Describe Lean Six Sigma for Service Organizations
- Topic 8C: Describe DMAIC Failure Modes/span>