Actions and Detail Panel
Introduction to R Workshop Series - January 2017
Mon, 23 Jan 2017, 12:00 PM – Fri, 27 Jan 2017, 4:00 PM PST
About the Workshop Series
This comprehensive introduction to R workshop series is ideal for beginners. We teach you how to create objects, get help on topics in R and use built-in functions, with a focus on math and descriptive statistics. We will also introduce basic data types in R, and how to visualize your data using R’s graphics capabilities. In the workshop, we will use RStudio, a powerful but user-friendly R environment, and teach you how to use it effectively.
You will learn:
- the concept of a data vector, and how to use vectorized functions,
- how to organize your data vectors into data frames,
- to import data from a file or on the web into an R data frame,
- to create various graphics using R’s built in graphical capabilities,
- to modify the various features of a graphic,
- to add additional features to an existing graphic, and
- to save your graphic in various formats,
- how to organize your work with R Studio using projects.
Workshop 1: Monday, January 23rd, 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Workshop 2: Wednesday, January 25th, 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Workshop 3: Friday, January 27th, 2:00pm - 4:00pm
You can register to the workshop series ($36 plus fees). The fee includes 3 sessions, and 6 hours of instruction. Free for ECOSCOPE trainees (to rsvp contact firstname.lastname@example.org). No refunds.
For Set up, Notes & Exercises click here
Contact the Instructor
Carolyn Taylor – email@example.com
For more events, take a look at our event calendar