Actions and Detail Panel
Kids Summer Cooking Classes (9 yrs+) July 10th-14th
Mon, 10 Jul 2017, 9:00 AM – Fri, 14 Jul 2017, 1:00 PM PDT
When: Monday through Friday, 9am to 1pm
This week-long children's cooking summer camp will help make your kids kitchen savvy!
We will teach your youngins basic cooking skills while creating exciting, HEALTHY versions of kid-friendly dishes! Our objective is to cook without sugar...Because we're too sweet for sugar!
Every class will include an interactive nutrition talk about the produce being used, along with nutrition related activities such as charades, show and tell, word search, colouring and also food trivia to help them learn about protein, carbohydrates, fats and vitamins and minerals.
An outdoor physical activity portion will conclude the course everyday with a certified personal trainer.
At the end of the week, your child will leave with their own recipe book and TrueNOSH chef certificate
Day 1 Meatless Mondays
- Homemade guacamole (tomato, red onion/jalapeno/cilantro)
- Make your own Taco Bowl and fill it with lettuce, refried beans, tomatoes and quinoa!
- Gluten free brownies
Day 2 Tourist Tuesday - Mexican
- Homemade hummus with carrots and cauliflower
- Veggie or Meat Stuffed bell peppers
- Homemade fruit popscicles
Day 3 Weekend BBQ Wednesdays
- Lentil dip with kolrabi and bell peppers
- Beef/veggie burgers: Make your own hamburger bun (play with dough!)
- Veggie fries and make TrueNOSH ketchup!
- Homemade wholesome coconut ice cream! (dairy free)
Day 4 Teach Me Thursdays - Pizza
- Spinach dip with brocolli and endives
- Make whole grain pizza (play with dough!)
- Pineapple lollipops
Day 5 Asian Fusion Fridays
- Sesame trueNOSH hoisin dip with cucumbers and hicama
- Roll your own summer rolls (meat and veggie alternatives)!
- Chocolate avocado coconut pudding
Be sure to sign up for our other children's classes; our menus change each week!