Actions and Detail Panel
Kids Summer Cooking Classes: July 24th-28th
Mon, 24 Jul 2017, 9:00 AM – Fri, 28 Jul 2017, 1:00 PM PDT
When: Monday through Friday, 9am to 1pm
This week-long children's cooking summer camp will help make your kids kitchen savvy!
We will teach your youngins basic cooking skills while creating exciting, HEALTHY versions of kid-friendly dishes! Our objective is to cook without sugar...Because we're too sweet for sugar!
Every class will include an interactive nutrition talk about the produce being used, along with nutrition related activities such as charades, show and tell, word search, colouring and also food trivia to help them learn about protein, carbohydrates, fats and vitamins and minerals.
A outdoor physical activity portion will conclude the course everyday with a certified personal trainer.
At the end of the week, your child will leave with their own recipe book and TrueNOSH chef certificate!
Day 1: Meatless Monday
- Acai and currant smoothie bowl
- veggie lasagne
- Assorted Cookies
Day 2: Tourist Tuesdays - Japan!
- Apple-berry smoothies
- Veggie and Avocado Roll Sushi or California Roll
- baked tempura zoo sticks
- Peach Mochi
Day 3: Weekend BBQ Wednesdays
- Avocado banana smoothie bowl
- Meat and Veggie Dogs
- Coleslaw or potato salad
- cake pops dipped in chocolate
Day 4: Teach Me Thursdays - Finger Foods
- Chocolate chia Smoothies
- Baked Chicken Fingers and Chick pea Sticks
- Chocolate dinosaur eggs (truffles)
- Make your own yogurt day (end of day)
Day 5: Asian Fusion Fridays
- TrueNOSH black bean dip with endives
- Pork and Veggie Dumplings! (play with dough!)
- make your own parfait (yogurt made previously), with variety of fruit toppings and True NOSH Granola
Be sure to sign up for our other children's classes; our menus change each week!