KNOVO Awards: Celebrating Corporate Gender Diversity will take place Tuesday, September 27, 2016, rewarding small, medium, and large businesses for adopting leading policies and practices to promote female recruitment, retention, and advancement in the workplace. This event will also include a series of informative and practical workshops designed exclusively for attendees that focus on gender inclusion benchmarks and implementation of diversity policies followed by an expert panel discussion. Vendor booths from partner businesses and non-profit organizations will be present around the networking area. Refreshments and hors d'oeuvres will be provided.
The coveted KNOVO Award of Distinction will be awarded to companies that meet the set of mandatory requirements regarding gender inclusion, women’s advancement, empowerment policies, practices, and plan in action. Best practices will be shared with the Status of Women Canada, the Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC), national partners, sponsors, and the KNOVO community. To apply please visit http://www.knovo.ca/#!recognition-nomination/o9ylm.
We have partnered with Making Changes and will be collecting stylish, laundered, seasonal donations of:
- Women’s business and business casual clothing (e.g. suits, skirts, pants, blouses, jackets, dresses etc.)
- Shoes, dress boots
- Accessories: handbags, portfolios, jewelry, belts
- Outerwear (coats and jackets), scarves and gloves
- New and gently used bras
- New undergarments
- New hosiery (knee highs, trouser socks, pantyhose, tights)
- New cosmetics, skin care and personal care products
1:00 PM - 1:45 PM: Registration / Networking
1:45 PM - 2:05 PM: Opening Remarks
2:05 PM - 2:45 PM: Keynote Presentation by Enbridge Inc. Chief Information Officer: Catherine Dyer
2:45 PM - 3:00 PM: Break
3:00 PM - 4:30 PM: Workshops
- 3:00 PM – 3:25 PM Diversity & Inclusion Benchmarking, presented by Western Canadas Director of CCDI, Zakeana Reid.
- 3:25 PM – 3:50 PM The Paradigm Shift - When Gender Inclusion Thrives, Presented by Senior Diversity and Inclusion Consultant, Anne-Marie Pham.
- 3:50 PM – 4:30 PM Panel Discussion, featuring Corporate and Commercial Lawyer Karen Hanna, AltaLink Director of Maintenance Program Delivery Johanne Black, Stride Engineering Inc. Director of Projects and Managing Partner Tauseef Naqvi, Cybera VP of Policy & Strategic Initiatives Barb Carra, and JWN Energy CEO Bill Whitelaw.
4:30 PM - 4:45 PM: Break
4:45 PM - 5:30 PM: KNOVO Awards Ceremony | Awards will be handed out by the Honourable Stephanie McLean, Albertan Minister of Status of Women
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM: Networking
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
This is an 18+ event. There will be a cash bar onsite during networking.
What is the dress code for this event?
Please dress in business casual attire.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Located in Calgary, next to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), and the Alberta College of Art and Design (ACAD), the Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium can be found at 1415 – 14th Avenue NW
The Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium has two parking lots within walking distance of the building. It is advised that you arrive 45 minutes prior to curtain time, as latecomers will be seated at designated times only. The facility is fully accessible to disabled persons. Handicapped parking is available in our parking lot located directly west of the auditorium, with an additional six spaces available in the parking area by the north doors. Handi-Bus parking is available on the northwest side of the building.
Parking cost is $11.00.
Calgary Transit offers an easy and convenient way to travel to your favourite events. Catch the Crowfoot C-Train (if traveling north) or the Somerset/Bridlewood C-Train (if traveling south). The C-Train stop is located immediately behind the building at the “SAIT/ACAD/Jubilee Station."
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please contact KNOVO Program Coordinator - Anna Nuhn at email@example.com for any questions.
How do I nominate my company for a KNOVO Award of Distinction?
Please visit http://www.knovo.ca/#!recognition-nomination/o9ylm and fill out the nomination form.
Who should attend this event?
Small, medium to large businesses looking to improve their gender diversity and efforts to advance women in the workplace.