New to the people-management game? We'll help put you on the right track. Leadership WTF will introduce you to leadership models and key principles that work in the tech world. You'll build confidence and competence, find your leadership style and develop your own personal development plan. Stop asking "WTF?" and join us for four awesome sessions.
Who is it for?
Leadership WTF is best for new managers with less than six months' experience.
What will I learn?
By the end of these sessions, you'll be able to:
- Develop your understanding of leadership and define the role of leader in today's workplace
- Act with emotional intelligence at work
- Harness your understanding of motivation and empathy to lead others
- Display authority in an authentic way
- Utilize effective models to provide feedback
- Start coaching staff to achieve performance goals
- Create a professional development plan to guide your development as a leader
How big is the class?
The class will be capped at 15 and filled on a first-come, first-served basis, with a limit of three participants per company.
Each three-hour workshop is offered in an open session format. A 1:1 Emotional Intelligence coaching session is also included.
All sessions will be held at the Communitech Hub from 9:00am - 12:00pm.
- March 15
- March 29
- April 12
- April 26
For more information, contact Louise Merlihan at email@example.com
Cancellation policy: 7 days notice is required to obtain a full refund (Wednesday, March 8, 2017 by 5pm)
Parking at the Tannery
Parking made simple! Check out our up-to-date map to find out how to get down town kitchener, and where to park!
We have an awesome community. And we like to show it off.
Please be advised that photographs and video may be taken at Communitech events for use on Communitech web, print and social properties. We won’t sell your photo, but we may share it with media and/or partner organizations. By attending this and any Communitech event, you consent to being photographed and/or filmed, and to your image or likeness being used at Communitech’s discretion.