Actions and Detail Panel
Leading SAFe® 4.0 - October 27th-28th 2016 - Montreal
Thu, 27 Oct 2016, 7:30 AM – Fri, 28 Oct 2016, 5:00 PM EDT
This two-day course teaches the Lean-Agile principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). You’ll learn how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, how to build an Agile Portfolio, and how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation at enterprise scale. You will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and how to apply the principles and practices of SAFe to support Agile teams, programs, program portfolio management, and to coordinate large Value Streams.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA).
Course and material are in English.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System and Solution Architects
After this course, you will understand how to:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Support the execution of Agile Release Trains
- Coordinate large Value Streams
- Manage a Lean-Agile Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common process model
- Configure the Framework for your context
- Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers
- Support a Lean-Agile transformation in your enterprise
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Implementing an Agile Release Train
- Experiencing PI Planning
- Executing and Releasing Value
- Building an Agile Portfolio
- Coordinating Large Value Streams
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SA certification exam.
- 5+ years experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
About the SAFe® Agilist Certification
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA). The SAFe Agilist certification program is for executives, managers and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean-Agile change initiative in a large software enterprise. It validates their knowledge in applying the Scaled Agile Framework, lean thinking, and product development flow principles in an enterprise context so they can lead the adoption of the Scaled Agile Framework.
SAFe® Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe Agilist certificate
- One year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist
- SAFe Agilist branding kit with the SA certification mark
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SAFe Agilist exam
- One-year membership to Scaled Agile, with access to members-only resources such as webinars, workbooks, guidance presentations, and advance notice of upcoming SAFe products
- SAFe Agilist (SA) attendance certificate upon request
Renewals are from the date of certification
- Renewal fee: $100
- 10 continuing education/outreach hours
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Daniel Gagnon SPC4, CDAI, PMP, ACP, CDAP, LSSYB, CSM
Daniel Gagnon is a senior project management consultant, Agile coach/practitioner, portfolio/project manager, and certified project management instructor with over two decades of diversified consulting, training, project management and IT experience. Daniel is a certified SAFe Program Consultant and Disciplined Agile Instructor (DAD). For the past six years, he has specialized in the area of Agile at Scale in large enterprise. He is currently a senior Manager for the Methodology and Practices, Enterprise Project Management Office at Toronto Dominion Bank.
Etienne Laverdière, SPC4, DA, PMP, CSP, PMI-ACP, ICP-ACC, ICP-ATF
Etienne is an Enterprise and Team Agile Coach. Over the past 18 years, Etienne has lead software development teams in North America and Europe. He has worked in both large and small companies leading innovation and process improvements. He previously led the ING Bank France SAFe transformation (2015), and coached Intact Insurance flagship project and PMO in Montreal (2014). Etienne is also a speaker for Agile Tour Montréal (2013, 2014, 2015), Scrumday Paris (2014) and PMI's Matinées PMI Montreal (2015). He has SPC4, DA (Disciplined Agile Agilist), PMP, PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner) designations, as well as CSP and CSM.
Feedback from our past courses:
On the trainer:
- Etienne delivers the content with ease and in a way that you fill confident that you will master it shortly.
- The instructor was able to enrich the course material with his professional experiences and his wide knowledge. All around great training and I would certainly recommend it to others in my company.
- I learned a lot of new things I will be able to put in practice very soon.
- Connais bien sa matière et très bon pédagogue
On the location:
- Nice place, confortable chairs.
- Awesome venue for this training. The room was spacious, the food excellent.
- The location was central and easy to get to.
- Emplacement bien aménagé et nourriture excellente
On the pace:
- It was fast, it is a lot of material to cover in 2 days. However, it wasn't too fast, it allowed us to cover a lot of material in only 16 hours.
- The pace was good.
- We ended up spending more time on the more technical aspects of the training which was fine.
André Cloutier, Manager chez BlackBerry
Merci Étienne et Eren pour la formation SAFe 4.0! J'ai réalisé à quel point SAFe est un excellent complément à Scrum pour étendre l'agilité à l'entreprise lors de cette formation. SAFe est dense, mais il s'attaque avec cohérence - sans toutefois prendre de raccourcis - au problème très complexe que représente l'agilité d'entreprise. C'est un framework empirique, pragmatique et mature qui mérite que l'on s'y attarde. Etienne et son équipe ont fait un boulot du tonnerre pour éclaircir une "Big Picture" intimidante à prime abord en nous faisant découvir la profondeur des racines Lean du framework. A mon avis SAFe deviendra incontournable quand on admettra que "Scrum c'est super, mais peut-être insuffisant en grande entreprise."
Hugo Villeneuve, Desjardins
La formation Leading Safe 4.0 m’a permis d’avoir une meilleure perspective sur l’utilisation du framework agile d'entreprise SAFe. J'avais lu le livre "Agile Software Requirements" de Leffingwell lors de sa sortie en 2011 et cette formation a grandement complété ma compréhension initiale grâce à des exemples concrets de transformation agile et des exercices en salle.
Durant les deux jours de cours, j’ai approfondi ma compréhension de la gestion de portfolio et de programme ainsi que les principes lean du "Product Development Flow" de Donald G. Reinertsen. Les formateurs sont dynamiques et possèdent une bonne expérience terrain. J'ai notamment apprécié la discussion que nous avons eue en classe sur la gestion des "capacités" dans le cadre d'une chaine de valeur et des budgets en mode agile.
Je recommande cette formation aux gestionnaires, gens du PMO et aux coachs agiles impliqués dans la transition de leur entreprise vers l’agilité. SAFe vous apportera des idées et une perspective différente pour régler les enjeux d’alignement ‘@scale’