Actions and Detail Panel
Lean IT™ Foundation Certification Course in Old Montreal Office
Mon, 12 Jun 2017, 9:00 AM – Wed, 14 Jun 2017, 12:00 PM EDT
IT organizations are constantly seeking new ways to improve customer satisfaction, service quality and value for the business. Lean IT is applied to transform your IT organization to a customer-focused, efficient and transparent IT organization that can deliver sustainable results to the business. The Lean IT Association Foundation training covers all elements to introduce you to Lean IT. After completion of the training, you will be able to participate effectively in a Lean IT transformation program. Many organizations have adopted Lean in order to increase customer satisfaction and to achieve greater strategic and financial value.
Lean for IT Principles
- Increasing customer value
- Eliminating waste (work that does not add value)
- Management as a facilitator
- The involvement of all employees
- Continual improvement
- Preserving value with less work.
Course objectives Lean IT Foundation
- Be familiar with and have knowledge of the basic concepts of Lean and its core principles
- Be acquainted with the use of several Lean IT analysis tools
- Have an insight into what Lean IT can mean for an organization
- Have an understanding of the application of the Lean philosophy in an IT environment
- Be able to apply the principles of Lean practices under the guidance of a Lean expert.
The Lean IT Association Foundation Training is two and half days. During the training, you will learn the fundamentals of Lean and how to apply Lean in an IT domain. In the training you will practice with exercises to build hands-on skills. The training will introduce you to the softer aspects of Lean IT like change approaches and how to change people’s behavior and attitude. All the exercises are related to IT, but no technical IT knowledge is required. This course is delivered using an exciting case study designed to further enhance the candidates understanding of Lean for IT. Students who have attended this course are prepared to successfully take the associated Lean IT Association Foundation certification exam which is a requirement for attending any of the further Lean courses available in this track.
Benefits for Individuals
- Apply the principles of Lean IT practices to provide necessary insight into business services and support IT assets, employees and processes.
- Be acquainted with the use of several Lean analysis tools and have an understanding of the application of the Lean IT philosophy in an IT environment.
- Provide insight into customer experience and identify the cause of problems to increase customer satisfaction.
- Align business services with IT to evaluate a service delivery solution and identify and reduce non-value adding activity.
- Streamline and automate compliance processes to lessen cost and risk.
- Designations are available to successful Kaizen and Leadership candidates.
Course Student Material:
Course materials. Additional and optional students can order the book ‘This is Lean’
There are no pre-requisites for this course, although a basic knowledge of IT concepts will be helpful.
Any member of an IT organization.
About the Lean IT Association (LITA)
LITA (Lean IT Association) is a consortium of global leaders in the IT Training and Certification Industry with the mission to establish the global standard for Lean IT education and certification, setting a new reference point for professionals across a broad spectrum of knowledge and competence skills. For more information, visit www.leanitassociation.com.
- Multiple choice
- 40 questions per paper
- 26 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 65%
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book
The APMG-International Lean IT and Swirl Device logo is a trade mark of the APM Group Limited.