San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Legal Duties and Liabilities of Boards: What Every Board Member Should Know
(For Board Members, aspiring Board Members, Executive Directors, CEO's, Finance and Admin of Non Profits and Charities)
Date: Friday, December 9, 2016
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Place: United Way of Winnipeg, 580 Main Street (parking in the rear)
Snacks and a light lunch will be provided.
If cost is a barrier to participation, please call Linda at 204-924-4225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
United Way is pleased to partner with Priti Shah, of PRAXIS Conflict Consulting for a workshop that will contribute to stronger board governance. Participants in the workshop will gain capacities to:
- Assess your board’s vulnerability to liability
- Review the role of the board versus the role of the board member
- Examine board and ED/CEO: Moving from competition to cooperation
- Define liability, including personal liability for board members
- Identify potential liabilities arising from Manitoba and Canadian law
- Recognize to whom the board is accountable
- Understand: What are the duties of board members? How can the duties be implemented?
- Explore risk management and liability protection - Insurance and Indemnification
- Evaluation, screening and monitoring
- Develop a board due diligence checklist
About the Facilitator
Priti Shah is widely known and highly respected for her work in the area of board governance and has personally worked with hundreds of board members from across the country. She has facilitated board meetings, annual general meetings, workshops, retreats and strategic planning sessions for small and large boards, as well as small and large organizations. Her facilitation style is engaging, inclusive and effective.
Save This Event
When & Where
United Way Winnipeg
United Way ensures an essential network of programs and services by providing support to nearly 100 agency partners. Each plays a vital role in our overall strategy to ensure lasting, positive change by addressing the underlying causes of our city's most challenging social issues.
Every year, thousands of volunteers and committed Winnipeggers raise millions of dollars that are invested back into the community. Donations support programs and partnerships that inspire lasting change, better lives, and a safer, stronger Winnipeg for all of us.