San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Better teams create better outcomes. A liftoff (as described in the book Liftoff by Diana Larsen and Ainsley Nies) at the outset of a new endeavour helps teams set the stage for betterness by cocreating a shared understanding of purpose, establishing alignment and understanding the context of the work they will do together. While the activities to include in a Lift Off will vary according to team and context, the practice of Agile Chartering - collaboratively developing a lightweight yet effective roadmap for the project and the team - is key to aligning and inspiring people to do better work together.
The purpose of an Agile Chartering workshop is to give all stakeholders of a project a voice and the opportunity to co-create a common understanding of the project dynamics, its purpose and context. It creates co-ownership of the project within the project team and thereby higher commitment to the project goals.
In this workshop, we will explore the objectives of Agile Chartering and foster a playful approach to doing this work. We'll talk about what kinds of games can be used to cocreate Purpose, Alignment and Context with a team, and run at least one game that can be used for each of the elements of an Agile Charter
- Overview of Agile Chartering - the importance of establishing Purpose, Alignment and Context to get teams off to a great beginning.
- Planning a Liftoff - agenda, participants, logistics
- establishing a common vision and a clear mission with defined mission tests that define 'done' for the project
- using Gamestorming to identify the mission and mission tests
- Identifying shared values and principles, core team members, and creating a team working agreement
- crafting meaningful working agreements using LEGO Serious Play
- understanding the boundaries of the work and the team, the project community, committed resources and prospective analysis (risks/opprotunties)
- using Story Cubes for building a prospective analysis
After participating in this workshop, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of the purpose-alignment-context to accelerating teamwork.
- Describe the benefits of Agile Chartering to my team and various stakeholders.
- Plan an agenda for a Liftoff meeting to cocreate an Agile Charter
- Suggest games that can be used to cocreate elements of an Agile Charter with your team.
Save This Event
When & Where
Agile Partnership is a team of experienced Agile coaches ready to help you with improving your business agility. In addition to our many years of experience in the software development industry, we’ve worked with teams in the fields of human resources, communications and marketing. Whether your teams simply require some assistance getting better organized or are completely bogged down by processes and procedures, AP’s simple and comprehensive approach results in marked improvement in staff motivation and engagement.