Actions and Detail Panel
Made By You Makers' Event
Sun, 16 October 2016, 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM CDT
Join us in a celebration of craft and raise funds for MCML. Be sure to invite your friends and family. We have an exciting line-up of local artisans participating in this year’s event. Come and be inspired!
General Admission $5
- Includes entry to live craft demonstrations, hands on craft activities suitable for all ages, The Craft Lounge refreshment area and raffle featuring handmade prizes
- Available in advance and at the door.
Workshop Pass $25
- Made by You Workshops give participants the chance to try new craft techniques with instruction from knowledgeable craft artists.
- Passes allow participants to take up to 3 workshops.
- Workshop are offered concurrently during 3 sessions (45 minutes each)
- Workshop times: 1:15 pm, 2:15 pm, and 3:15 pm.
- Workshop selection is on a first come first served basis at the event.
- Passes will be sold at door if not sold out in advance.
Workshops - This year’s workshops are:
Four-Pocket Accordion Book with Janet Carroll
Metis Beadwork with Jennine Krauchi
Leatherwork with Jan Castillo
Paper Collage with Takashi Iwasaki
How to Spin with a Drop Spindle with Francesca Carella Arfinengo
Needle Felting with Candace Prior
Kumihimo with Susan Styrchak
See craft in action! Meet local artisans working in a variety of craft disciplines. A great opportunity to ask questions and see how it’s done. Traditional Rug Hooking by Judy Trefry, Hand Quilting Techniques by Joanne Fontaine, Fun Ceramic Techniques by Jordan Van Sewell, Finger Weaving by Carol James, Bamboo Flute-Making by Eric Napier Strong, and Hand Spinning by Heather Leslie
More to come…
The Craft Lounge
Bring your own project or continue a project after a workshop while enjoying refreshments with friends. An assortment of shortbread cookies will be served. Drinks available for purchase will include hot apple cider, tea, coffee and mulled wine.
Support MCML and win some great prizes! The raffle will feature handmade items.