Actions and Detail Panel
Make Dollars Make Sense 2016: Funding & Financial Management 101
Sat, 19 November 2016, 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM MST
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Board Leadership Calgary is pleased to announce the 3rd annual Make Dollars Make Sense: Funding and Financial Managmeent 101 Learning Event.
- Would you like to be a more effective non-profit board member?
- Do you want to increase your understanding about board responsibilities, funding and financial management?
- Do you want to know more about recommended and promising practices for non-profit organizations?
Date:Saturday, November 19, 2016; 8:00am to 3:30pm
Location: Bow Valley College, South Campus - 2nd Floor - 345 6 Ave SE, Calgary, AB
Topics: This event will provide a broad overview of trends in fund development and financial management for non-profits. In addition, short workshops will be offered to provide more information on specific topics, and to suggest resources for additional learning.
Sessions will be at a first come first serve basis, please note that some sessions could be at capacity and you will need to select another one during the time period.
Here are the proposed topics for 2016 (topic titles subject to change):
- Key Members: Treasurer & Finance Committee
- Budget Literacy
- Budget Fitness
- Financial Compliance
- Financial Statement Literacy
- Make Sense - Make Stories
- Social Return on Investment (SROI)
- Provincial Sources of Funding
- 5 Love Languages of Funders
- Fundraising & the Role of the Board
Registration: $25.00 (includes lunch and refreshments). The low ticket price is made possible through the generous support of our sponsors: Servus Credit Union and Simple Cloud Works. NO BURSARIES are available for this event as we have chosen instead to make the price low for everyone.
Please Note: Registrations are non-refundable, but you can transfer your registration to another person. Please contact email@example.com if you are transferring.
Accessibility: Board Leadership Calgary is committed to accessibility for persons with special needs. Please check out our website or venue website for more information. This is a wheelchair accessible and scent free event.
This Event is Organized by:
- Alberta Culture & Tourism, Community Development Unit
- CommunityWise Resource Centre
- Ethno-Cultural Council of Calgary
- Federation of Calgary Communities
- Sport Calgary