San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Making Personality Work: Using Myers Briggs Personality Types
Day: March 9, 2017
Time: 9:00 a.m. to noon; registration opens at 8:30 a.m.
Place: Learning Centre, United Way; 580 Main Street
Includes Myers Briggs Personality Type Indicator Survey
If cost is a barrier to participation, please call Linda BL at 204-924-4225.
Understanding yourself – your own personality type and biases can help you be a stronger leader and improve how you relate to others. Each participant in “Making Personality Work” will complete the Myers Briggs Personality Type Indicator Survey prior to the workshop.
Through lecturette, individual work, group discussion, work in pairs and small groups, gain an understanding of MBTI to use for your own self-understanding as a leader, as well as a tool to understand and influence others. You will:
- Gain an understanding of your own preferred communication style
- Identify your strengths and how to use them to best advantage
- Identify strengths in those different from you (understand those differences and learn how to interact, influence and communicate effectively
- Determine your leadership style, the advantages, the pitfalls and how to maximize your impact
- Learn how to use MBTI with your team to maximize effectiveness
- Review how MBTI can be used to improve communication, to reduce stress and conflict as well as to better understand your clients and colleagues
- Develop action plans for increased effectiveness
Heather Erhard, is the founder and Director of Erhard Associates, a management consulting, coaching and training firm dedicated to enhancing individual, team and organizational effectiveness. She brings over 25 years’ experience in leadership development, strategic planning, team building and coaching. She has worked extensively in the non- profit sector coordinating and facilitating the Managing and Leading in the Non Profit Sector workshop; over 1500 leaders have attended from across Canada and abroad. Heather has taught at the University of Manitoba, the University of Winnipeg and Queen’s University. Her passion is coaching groups and individuals to the next level of success.
Save This Event
When & Where
United Way Winnipeg
United Way ensures an essential network of programs and services by providing support to nearly 100 agency partners. Each plays a vital role in our overall strategy to ensure lasting, positive change by addressing the underlying causes of our city's most challenging social issues.
Every year, thousands of volunteers and committed Winnipeggers raise millions of dollars that are invested back into the community. Donations support programs and partnerships that inspire lasting change, better lives, and a safer, stronger Winnipeg for all of us.