Making the Waterloo CEIS Work for Developers and Homebuilders
A Community Energy Investment Strategy for the Waterloo Region: Making it Work for Developers and Homebuilders
The Region of Waterloo in partnership with QUEST, the Community Energy Association and Sustainable Prosperity as part of the Community Energy Planning: Getting to Implementation in Canada initiative, invite you join us on November 8, 2016 from 8:30am until 1:00pm to participate in an interactive workshop - A Community Energy Investment Strategy for the Waterloo Region: Making it Work for Developers and Homebuilders.
About the Workshop
The Region of Waterloo is one of over 200 communities across Canada developing a Community Energy Plan, in partnership with the Cities of Cambridge, Kitchener and Waterloo and our local utilities. The Waterloo Region Community Energy Investment Strategy (CEIS) will have important impacts on future developments in the Waterloo Region. It sets out to improve the economic competitiveness and quality of life in a growing Waterloo Region through enhanced investments in energy efficiency, optimization of local energy resources and reduction of environmental impact related to local energy use.
In light of the recent adoption of the Ontario Climate Change Action Plan as well as recent proposed changes to the Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe, this workshop sets out to create a dialogue about the value proposition for developers and homebuilders to engage in community energy planning, through the Waterloo Region CEIS. It also aims to convene developers and homebuilders as well as regional and municipal staff to talk about how collaboration can help shape the development and successful implementation of the CEIS.
Who Should Attend
- Residential and commercial developers and homebuilders that have or are planning projects in the Waterloo Region
- Organizations leading energy efficiency projects in the Waterloo Region
- Land use planners and transportation planners
What You Will Get Out of the Workshop
- An overview of the CEIS and discussion about how builders and developers can participate in the CEIS planning process
- A summary of the business case for net-zero and energy efficient homes and buildings
- An understanding about how developers and homebuilders can contribute to implementing the CEIS in a cost effective way
- A sharing of ideas on how the Waterloo Region CEIS can support the business models of developers and homebuilders
Dowload the preliminary agenda here.
For questions please contact Sarah Marchionda at QUEST at email@example.com.