Actions and Detail Panel
Management of Ventilation for Patients in the Community - Mar 23
Thu, 23 March 2017, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM EDT
Management of Ventilation for Patients in the Community
The goal of this full-day course is to provide home health care providers with up-to-date knowledge and skills regarding community-based invasive and non-invasive ventilatory support of children and adults who are medically fragile and technology dependent.
This course will involve a combination of didactic, skills stations, and scenario-based learning.
(1) RN, RPN, RRT, or GRT,
(2) Completion of the Fundamentals of Tracheostomy Care course within the past two years, and
(3) completion of pre-course reading.
The textbook for this course is “Optimizing Respiratory Therapy Services: A Continuum of Care from Hospital to Home”.It is available as a PDF file free of charge through the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario. Please follow this link to access this resource: http://www.crto.on.ca/pdf/ProfPractice/HFO_Training_Manual.pdf
Please review as much of this textbook as possible prior to the course, as it will enhance your knowledge and understanding during the course.
Please note that the following Cancellation Policy applies to this course:
• Requests to withdraw from a course (cancel registration) can only be completed through the Eventbrite registration system. Please go to www.eventbrite.ca/mytickets to manage your registration.
• Refunds will be made according to the date of the request based on the following timelines:
More than 3 weeks before the start of the course = 100% refund
Between 2-3 weeks before the start of the course = 75% refund
Less than 2 weeks, but more than 1 week before the start of the course = 50% refund
1 week or less before the start of the course = No refund
• If you are unable to attend the course, a friend or colleague can be substituted in your place at no additional charge.
• To transfer to an alternate course date, you must withdraw from the course that you originally registered for and complete the registration process for the course date that you want to attend. Course withdrawal conditions listed above apply.
• No refunds will be issued for withdrawals requested 1 week or less prior to a course. No refunds will be given for “no shows”.