Actions and Detail Panel
Managing the Performance Appraisal Process
Tue, 1 November 2016, 8:00 AM – 10:30 AM EDT
Managing the Performance Appraisal Process (breakfast included)
Presented by Express Employment Professionals, a company dedicated to helping businesses succeed.
This session will benefit all supervisors and managers with the responsibility of preparing, writing, and delivering performance appraisals.
This seminar will:
- Centre on the need for and benefits of conducting legal, effective, and thorough performance appraisals
- Take you through the entire performance management process from preparation to delivery and follow through
- Discuss the most common mistakes managers make regarding the performance management process
- Emphasize that performance appraisals are the most important document in winning wrongful termination cases
- Feature the five important steps to reduce legal action
There are numerous types of appraisal processes discussed, such as self-appraisals, peer appraisals, and the 360-degree appraisal.
About the Presenter:
A storyteller and humorist, Jack Smalley is a highly sought-after keynoter, delivering an average of 125 speaking engagements annually to business leaders and human resource professionals in the U.S. and Canada. Jack offers clients extensive leadership guidance from his progressive career as a human resource executive. Jack regularly speaks at the National Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Conference. He is part of SHRM’s very small but elite group of “most preferred speakers.” As Director of Human Resource Learning & Development for Express Employment Professionals International Headquarters, Jack provides leadership, human resource training and consulting for more than 750 Express offices and their clients. Jack is a member of the Society of Human Resource Management and holds the designations of SHRM-SCP and SPHR. You won’t be bored with Jack’s engaging story-telling style. He draws inspiration from his more than 30 years of experience in human resources and leadership.