Actions and Detail Panel
Markers Madness 2 - Summer 2017 Art Camp (10-17yrs)
Mon, 24 Jul 2017, 1:00 PM – Thu, 27 Jul 2017, 3:30 PM MDT
- Date: July 24 - 27, 2017
- Time: 1-3:30pm
- Ages: 11-17 years
This class is for students who have completed Marker Madness 1 or who have some marker drawing experience. We will continue by focusing on more advanced marker drawing skills. Figure anatomy, hair and skin tones will be covered in this workshop and students will have the opportunity to draw what interests them.
This is a great class for portfolio development.
Students must bring their own set of art markers; Prismacolor and Copic suggested.
Art Instructor Bio - Ashley Gaboury
Even before graduating with a BFA in Studio Arts in 2003 at The University of Lethbridge, Ashley Gaboury worked as an instructor at The Prairie Art Gallery in Grande Prairie, Alberta. Over the past fifteen years she established herself as a 2-dimensional art instructor, while simultaneously developing as a professional artist. She exudes enthusiasm and passion about drawing, and is continually pushing boundaries within her artwork. She creates in a myriad of mediums including watercolour pencils, alcohol-based markers, and acrylics.
The bulk of her work has spiritual undertones, often playing with the dualism of light and dark, and the dichotomy of good and evil.
For the past few years her artwork has evolved to reflect the dramatic impact humans have had on our surroundings, specifically, the domestication of Canis Lupus (wolves) into Canis Lupus Familiars (dogs). In order to better understand the instinctive behaviour patterns of dogs and wolves, she began a comprehensive study and collaboration with The Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary in Cochrane, Alberta. She creates drawings using watercolour pencil on canvas, with the intention of capturing their instinctual nature, curiosity, and stoicism. She sells fine art prints to raise funds and awareness for the sanctuary.
Ashley Gaboury - Artist Website
- Fine Black Permanent Pens – Micron .005 & .01 suggested
- Pencil HB or B and sharpener
- White Eraser
- White gel pen – Signo preferred
- 9” x 12” Marker paper or bristol board pad - smooth
Artist quality markers: 12 – 24 colours – see list below for specific colours needed. Artist quality alcohol-based markers include but are not limited to Prismacolor & Copic. (If you aren't sure if your markers are considered artist quality, please ask staff.) No sharpie markers please!
Markers (Prismacolor or Copic)
- Light Warm Gray - Warm Gray 10 PB99 or or Brick White E40 or Warm Gray 00 or 01
- Medium Warm Gray - Warm Gray 30 PB101 or Warm Gray 03
- Light Peach - Pale Peach or Pale Fruit Pink E000
- Flesh tones - Copic skin tone set or a variety of skin tone colors, light/medium/dark
- Light Blue - Light Cerulean Blue PB48 or Sky Blue Light PB202 or Frost Blue B00 or Pale Porcelain Blue B000
Please bring a variety of other Prismacolor or Copic colors that you enjoy using. This class is focused on your character, and creature designs so choose a colour palette that you enjoy working with, including light medium and dark values in each colour.
- Official Event Page: Marker Madness 2
- Swinton's Art Website: www.swintonsart.com
- Address: 7160 Fisher Street S.E. Calgary, AB
- Phone: (403) 258-3500
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org