Market Management Certificate Program 2016-17
Market Management Certificate Program
The Market Management Certificate Program as a whole is centred on strategic business planning and is designed to provide training for and assistance with market development. This will be achieved through a combination of online webinars, and phone discussions. The program is premised on the need to provide not only information training opportunities but also on-going support to help put the information into practice.
The purpose of the Market Management Certificate Program is to assist and provide direct support to farmers’ markets in order for them to:
- Understand market management best practises
- Grow markets more sustainably
- Develop a pool of revenue-creation ideas for markets
- Keep agriculture land in production
- Inspire and motivate you in your work
- Feel better supported and connect with each other
- Get to where you want to be
Topics that will be covered include:
- Market Management Best Practices
- Financial Sustainability, Fundraising, Revenue Streams
- Marketing Outreach
- Skills for Great Managers & Leaders
A minimum of 72 hours notice is required for a full refund (minus a 2% processing fee) and minus a $10 administrative fee. (Ex: Those registered for the full program must cancel 72 hours before Webinar# 1. Those registered for individual webinars must cancel 72 hours prior to their selected webinar date)
- Registration closes 24 hours before the start of each webinar
- Registrants will receive a unique link to attend the webinar 1-2 days before each webinar session. Registrants will also receive information on how to participate in the group discussions 1-2 days before each session. As a registrant of the program, we kindly ask that you do not transfer or share the links.
- Webinars will be recorded and videos will be available to review for all registrants for a limited time. As a registrant of the program, we kindly ask that you do not share the video link.
- A participant will be awarded a certificate based on attendance of at least 8 of the 10 webinars. Attendance is based on either participating in the live webinars or viewing the recorded webinar by a specific date. We kindly ask that you do not share the video links.
More information on our website.
Save This Event
BC Association of Farmers' Markets
We are a non-profit society committed to developing and strengthening the capacity of farmers' markets in all regions of British Columbia.
Our goal is to educate, engage and inspire people to create a vibrant farming sector in BC - one that nourishes and supports our communities and natural environment.