Actions and Detail Panel
Market Research: The No-Cost Key to Business Success (Thornhill Community L...
Tue, 23 May 2017, 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM EDT
Finding competitive market intelligence information is critical for planning any new business, or for expanding an existing business. With so much information available, from multiple sources, business owners need to use their time most efficiently to access the key resources that really impact their bottom line.
In this seminar, we will explore and learn to use a number of very useful market research resources for business planning and marketing, including:
- Markham Public Library online business databases (business plan templates, current news, insights, tips and more)
Statistics Canada census information and local Markham Economic/Demographic information (age ranges, households, income levels, mother tongue, educational attainment)
- BizPaL – Business permit and licence search tool (find relevant regulations for your specific type of business)
- Business Directories online: Reference Canada and local Markham Business Directory (create targeted business lists to identify potential suppliers or prospective customers)
- Industry Canada SME Benchmarking tool (compare your business financial statement performance to the industry averages in Ontario/Canada or use these averages to help you with estimating your business plan)
- Traffic Data Counts
- Other Key Resources: Canada Business Ontario, Industry Canada Industry profiles, Statistics Canada Household Spending report
A limited number of computer stations are available for use and there is a special ticket type to reserve a computer station. There are also "seat only" tickets which guarantee a seat, but no computer station. In the event that there are available computer stations after the session is underway, then available stations will be assigned on a first registered, first served basis. You can bring your own laptop, but access to power outlets is limited. If you use a laptop, please bring your Markham Library card so that you can access the Library directories. If you are using one of the computer stations, you will not need your Library card.