Markham Small Business Forum 2016
Selling to Government and Building Your Business!
Hosted by: Markham Small Business Centre and Markham Board of Trade
- A free professional headshot photo is included with registration - update your LinkedIn profile! Photos will be taken right at the event and emailed to you afterwards.
- Includes breakfast and lunch
- Pre-registration required
7:45am to 8:30am - Registration, Networking & Breakfast (headshot photos)
8:30am to 8:45am - Welcoming Remarks
- Representatives: City of Markham; Ontario Ministry of Economic Development and Growth | Ministry of Research, Innovation and Science; and, Canada Business Ontario
8:45am to 10:15am - Interested in Doing Business with the Government?
- Public Works and Government Services Canada and the Ontario Ministry of Government and Consumer Services are pleased to provide this informative seminar which will help you learn how to do business with the Province of Ontario and the Government of Canada. You will hear how each level of government does its purchasing, and how to bid on government contracts.
10:15am to 10:45am - Networking Break
Breakout Session - Round 1
10:45am to 11:30am - Finding the Right Marketing Mix
- A panel of successful marketing and PR experts share their know-how and tips on developing a successful plan for business growth.
10:45am to 11:30am - Business Model Canvas as a Tool for Growth
- Today’s fast changing marketplace is driving a need for companies to quickly develop and evolve their business plans. The Business Model Canvas is an innovative, easy-to-use and practical tool for creating a flexible/adaptable business plan – The session will focus on the customer side of the canvas and explain the importance of a strong value proposition for key target customer groups..
- Heather Crosbie, EIR, ventureLAB
Breakout Session - Round 2
11:40am to 12:25pm - It's All About the Numbers: Tax Tips and Essential Record keeping Skills
- Learn the tax and bookkeeping principles, eligible business expenses and cash flow management that every small business needs to survive.
- Jonathan Greenbaum, CA, BDO Canada LLP
11:40am to 12:25pm - Funding the Growth
- Where to look for financing. What do banks expect to see? Learn how to best position your business for financing.
- Featuring experts in bank and loan financing.
12:25pm to 1:00pm - Lunch and Networking
1:00pm to 1:45pm
- Canadian Entrepreneurs and the Productivity Challenge
- Pierre Cléroux, Vice President, Research and Chief Economist, Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
- Business Development Bank of Canada
- BDO Canada LLP, Chartered Accountants and Advisors
- Markham Executive Offices
- City of Markham
- Ontario Ministry of Economic Development and Growth | Ministry of Research, Innovation and Science
- Association of Chinese Canadian Entrepreneurs
- Richmond Hill & Markham Chinese Business Association
- Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs (ONE)
- Canada Business Ontario
Organized by: Markham Small Business Centre and Markham Board of Trade
Note: Fees for the event are to cover administration costs. The presentations by government are complimentary.
Have questions about Markham Small Business Forum 2016?
Contact Markham Small Business Centre