MaRS Market Insights: Market Impact of Accessible Energy Data
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 9:30 AM (EDT)
With the high level of smart meter penetration and implementation in the province, Ontario has a unique opportunity to derive great economic and social value from the resulting data and become leaders in building data-management infrastructure. The huge amount of data the smart meters yield will not only benefit the province’s electricity conservation efforts, but also job creation, economic growth, trade, education and innovation.
This breakfast briefing examines these opportunities from the following perspectives:
- A startup with energy-sector and data-management experience (Zerofootprint)
- A large utility, who will speak about the benefits of smarter energy data use
- A market research firm, who will highlight the barriers and opportunities in this emerging market (Pike Research)
Come join the discussion! Explore the impact, market scope and growth potential of the innovation economy that will be created with the establishment of standards and mechanisms to allow data to be used in new solutions.
- Ron Dizy, CEO, Enbala
- Carol Stimmel, Research Director, Smart Grid, Pike
- Mike Winters CIO, Hydro One
- Ron Dembo CEO, Zerofootprint
- Continental breakfast: 7:15 – 7:45 a.m.
- Call to auditorium: 7:45 a.m.
When & Where
MaRS Discovery District
MaRS (www.marsdd.com) is a large scale, mission driven innovation centre located in Toronto and networked across Ontario, focused on building Canada’s next generation of technology companies.
MaRS works closely with entrepreneurs to grow and scale their ventures into global market leaders in life sciences and health care, information, communications and entertainment technologies, cleantech, advanced materials and engineering, as well as innovative social purpose businesses.