Actions and Detail Panel
Mastering Difficult Conversations
Thu, 6 April 2017, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM MDT
You are faced with difficult conversations in your life. We all are. It might not be happening right now but it has happened in your past and will again in your future. This can leave you feeling angry, frustrated, remorseful, hurt or replaying the conversation in your head. Do you need to master difficult conversations with ease, strategy, and confidence? Whether you go in like a bulldozer, put your head in the sand or somewhere in between; you must negotiate a result that feels like a mutual win. This workshop is the answer. Presented by Kerry Webster, Kyle Kalloo and Christopher Lawrence, a team of coaches who collectively have over six decades of experience with strategic negotiation and communication.
Lunch is not provided.
This workshop is for people who:
- Struggle with difficult conversations in the workplace with a boss, coworker or subordinate
- Can’t seem to create effective communication at home with a spouse, child, or parent
- Avoid conflict or experience anxiety when they have to have a difficult conversation
- Spend time talking to everybody but the person they need to be speaking with
- Are in toxic personal or professional relationships
In this workshop participants will:
- Identify when a conversation needs to take place and how to create a mutual win
- Acknowledge the role and responsibility people play in every conversation
- Be able to navigate difficult conversations with ease, strategy and confidence
- Understand three different styles of listening and which is most effective
- Know when a mutual win or positive outcome can’t be achieved
Tickets must be purchased in advance of the event. There will be no door sales for this workshop.