You are invited to a Holland Bloorview Information Session!
We are offering our new outpatient families a free information session so that you can learn about helpful resources and be prepared for your first appointment. At this information session, we will answer some frequently asked questions (FAQs), including:
- What can I do while my child is on the waitlist?
- What other services in the community can I access?
- What other services at Holland Bloorview can I access?
- How can I get ready for our first appointment at Holland Bloorview?
- How can I meet other parents or family members who might be in the same position as me?
- What are some tips from other parents or families who have been to appointments at Holland Bloorview?
- What are some tips from clinicians?
- What tools are available to help organize all of my child’s information?
This information session will feature an optional tour of Holland Bloorview at the end. Attendees will receive a resource booklet with the answers to the questions above.
Eligibility for the orientation:
If you have a child who is accepted and on the waitlist for Holland Bloorview's main site Neuromotor Clinic or Communication, Learning and Behaviour Clinic AND
You received an invitation letter from us in the mail (along with your waitlist letter), or have been invited via email from a Holland Bloorview Intake Coordinator
Please note: This is not your first clinical appointment, but an information session on how to prepare for it. It is one hour long, and the optional tour is an additional 15-30 minutes. Sessions are offered twice per month. If you have any questions or require additional or special supports, please contact Melissa Ngo at 416-425-6220 x6348 or email@example.com.
Additionally, if you require childcare for the evening timeslot of this workshop, please note that Playroom registration for this event is open between April 4th and April 18th.
Supervised on-site childcare is available for a limited number of children who are 30 months old & over in our Ronald McDonald Playroom, for the evening timeslot (6-7pm).
Spaces are confirmed only after an intake call is completed over the phone.
Please call Daniel Scott at 416-425-6220 ext. 3438 to discuss your child’s needs and register for a Playroom spot.
At this time, children under 30 months old cannot be accommodated in our Playroom or at events
If you cannot attend but would like to help us evaluate the information session, please contact Melissa Ngo at 416-425-6220 x6348 or firstname.lastname@example.org.