The Caregiver Education Series is an eight-week series of evening group sessions that enhances caregiver expertise through professional presentations, practical demonstrations and group learning. It is offered four times per year.
- August 16 to October 4, 2016
- October 18 to December 6, 2016
- Putting a Face on Dementia
- What do the Medical Experts say?
- Communication – Our Most Important Human Link
- All Behaviors Have a Meaning – What are Their Causes and How Do We Deal With Them?
- How Important is Self-Care for the Caregiver?
- More Tools for the Toolbox
- Transitions in Dementia Care
- Where Do We Go From Here?
These free sessions are open to all non-professional caregivers of those with dementia and are held on Tuesday evenings from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at McCormick Dementia Services.