Join Food, Nutrition and Culinary Coach Kristyn Hall for an evening exploring Mediterranean cooking, featuring fall flavours! At this class, we will:
- Learn the basics of Mediterranean cooking and eating.
- Explore vegetables, whole grains, legumes, proteins and mindful enjoyment of food.
Each participant will walk away with:
- Scrumptious Mediterreanean-inspired recipes featuring fall flavours.
- Inspiration, ideas and skills to help you confidently enjoy great tasting foods every day.
Date: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 5:30 - 7 pm
4448 Front St SE, Calgary AB
- Receipts available from Registered Nutritionist and dietitian, Kristyn Hall, for reimbursement from flexible health spending account.
- Please advise of any food allergies.
$30* for Canadian Celiac Asssociation (CCA) Members. To access this $10 discount, please enter the promotional code, from the CCA.
Questions: Contact Kristyn at khall@NutritionAndCulinarySolutions.ca or 403.874.1715
*Cancellation policy: To maintain our operations, we must receive your request to cancel your registration via email by the Friday prior to the event. Otherwise, you will be charged the full amount of the session. Completion of registration will count as understanding and acceptance of this policy. Cancellations will be subject to a $20 administration fee.
How to find South Health Campus
South Health Campus (SHC) is located in the southeast of Calgary. Take Deerfoot Trail to Cranston Av/Seton Blvd exit and head one block east on Seton Boulevard. South Health Campus will be on your right. www.albertahealthservices.ca/Facilities/SHC/page86.asp
Parking at South Health Campus
Access to underground public parking is on Front Street (south side of South Health Campus). Park in Lot 1 on Level P1 (parkade entrance B). Park in the Forest section. Parking rate is $2.25 per half hour. Pay stations are located throughout the campus and accept cash and all major credit cards. Two-hour free parking is available on the south side of SHC on Front Street, by the main entrance.
How to find the Wellness Kitchen
Turn left off the Forest elevators or turn right from the stairs from the Forest parking lot. Follow the hallway to the Wellness Centre on the right (climbing wall across from Diagnostic Imaging). The Wellness Kitchen door is just inside the main doors.
Brought to you by Nutrition and Culinary Solutions and the South Health Campus Wellness Kitchen
When & Where
Kristyn Hall MSc, RD - Food, Nutrition & Culinary Coach
Kristyn is the CEO (Chief Energizing Officer & Chief Eating Officer) with Energize Nutrition.
Kristyn has travelled around North America to expand her knowledge and skill around food and cooking including:
- Certificate in Culinary Arts, Rouxbe Online Cooking School.
- Nutrition Intuition in the Kitchen, Field to PlateTM, Shelton, CT, USA
- Exploring Phenomenal Foods and Flavours: A Culinary Master Course for Dietitians at the Culinary Institute of America, hosted by the Food and Culinary Professionals Dietetic Practice Group, Academy of Food and Nutrition.
- Cooking for Low FODMAP diets.
- Demos for Dietitians Culinary Bootcamp.
- Demos for Dietitians Workshop.
- Julie Negrin's Intensive Course: How to Teach Cooking to Kids
- Introduction to Cooking, SAIT.
- Courses from ATCO Blue Flame Kitchen: Raw Foods; Soups and Stews; Healthy School Lunches; Vietnamese Foods; Thai Foods; Mexican Foods; Hor D'Oevres
- Courses from Calgary's own Cookbook Company Cooks: Weeknight supper solutions, Breadmaking, Cookbook Company, Small batch preserving, An evening with the chef from Bonterra, Sugar with Anna Olson, The Girl Can’t Cook with Cinda Chavich, Knife, Skills with Dee Hobson-Smith, Thai Cooking with Drew, Soups with Drew, French Farmhouse, Sauces to make while the pasta cooks, Weeknight supper solutions.
Kristyn has held a number of leadership positions including 2010-2013 Board of Directors with Dietitians of Canada, representing Alberta and the Territories. She is an active member of:
- Dietitians of Canada
- Food and Culinary Professionals, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Diabetes, Obesity and Cardiovascular Network, Dietitians of Canada
- Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- College of Dietitians of Alberta
April is a registered dietitian with a masters degree and a life-long love of delicious food and cooking! She has worked in clinical dietetics, childhood obesity, project and operations management and a commercial kitchen. She also holds a diploma in Professional Cooking from SAIT.