Actions and Detail Panel
Meet Your Doula YYC
Fri, 24 March 2017, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM MDT
Join other new and expectant parents at Birth Unlimited's "Meet your Doula" event to discover all you could ever want to know about birth and postpartum doula services.
At the event, you will:
- learn exactly what doulas do
- discover what the benefits to hiring a doula are
- hear about how doulas and partners work together
- find the support you need as a single/marginalized parent
Doulas working in Calgary will be on hand to answer your questions, offer personalized referrals, and represent some of the wonderful variety of personalities, ages, backgrounds, and skills you can find in a birth or postpartum doula.
Did you know that some of the documented benefits of working with a doula include:
- shorter labour
- reduction in requests for epidural
- decreased use of forceps or vacuum
- increased confidence in partner
- reduction in cesarean rates
- higher breastfeeding success rates
- more opportunity to spend time bonding with baby
- easier transition into parenthood
If you are not sure what a doula is, or if you're looking for the right doula for you, we invite you to join us on March 24th to meet your doula.
Also, first 25 guests will recieve a swag bag!! Show up early to claim yours.
You can find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/1845886659003658/
Date and Time
Dr. For Moms Perinatal & Pediatric Natural Health Center
3820 Brentwood Road Northwest
Calgary, AB T2L 2L5