MTW is part of the Professional Facilitator Program endorsed by the International Association of Facilitators and helps toward the Certified Professional Facilitator (CPF) designation.
Do you attend meetings that are necessary but are frustrating and a waste of time?
Design and facilitate effective meetings.
Enhance participation and group productivity.
This course will help you increase group participation and make decision making more valuable. With practical learning for any chair or meeting leader and for experienced as well as novice facilitators, this two day course is offered regularly across Canada.
Meetings That Work will make an immediate and dramatic difference in all your meetings and events. It is part of ICA's Professional Facilitator Program and has been endorsed by the International Association of Facilitators.
Gain confidence and get better meeting results
Get better meeting results.
• Get the best input from everyone.
• Increase group productivity.
• Get valuable products from all meetings.
Design effective meetings.
• Create engaging agendas.
• Get dozens of tools, templates and processes.
• Learn professional's best practices.
Create a participatory environment.
• Develop teamwork in diverse situations
• Handle difficult situations.
• Hold meaningful discussions.
What people say
This course has transformed our company practice and culture. All our meetings are much more authentic, insightful and productive...and even fun! We send all our staff to ICA. - Helen Leask PhD, President, Journey DX Research Inc.
I am surprised at how many teams and organizations still have meetings with no agenda. Meetings are among the largest time wasters when done poorly and are the catapults to success when done well. Meetings That Work is a gem of a course that breaks down meetings in all their components and teaches you how to do them the right way. - Emma Sobel, Human Resources, Queens University
I make plans, hold meetings and conduct research using ICA’s methods of participation. They are the best methods around to involve people in groups in making sense of lots of information and making decisions about action. – Dr. Suzanne F. Jackson, Executive Director, Centre for Health Promotion
Best practices, templates, methods and tools will enhance participation and group productivity in all types of meetings and events.
Participating in Meetings
• Great meeting experiences.
• Participation at its best.
• 7 levels of involvement in decision making
• Best practice brainstorming and flip charting.
Planning Agenda Items
• Key elements of real dialogue.
• Asking the right questions.
• Agenda planning: from go-kart to Ferrari.
• Facilitation plans for tough agenda items.
• Keys to healthy communication.
• STEPS for meeting preparation.
• Eventful meeting designs.
• Practice designing meetings.
• 5 stages in a group's journey.
• Facilitator's role.
• Dealing with difficult situations.
• Personal action planning
Who should attend
• Organizational leaders and managers responsible for strategic and operational planning meetings.
• Project managers responsible for guiding a whole project cycle.
• Team leaders responsible for organizational operations and project implementation.
• Community leaders responsible for planning and implementing action campaigns.
• Government officials responsible program development, project implementation and policy formation.
• Facilitators responsible for enabling group productivity.
Dates of Courses in Toronto
Nov. 16-17, 2015
Mar. 7-8, 2016
May 11-12, 2016
July 5-6, 2016
Nov. 15-16, 2016
When & Where
ICA Associates Inc.
Premier trainer of professional facilitators across Canada with a complete suite of facilitation, facilitative leadership and transformational leadership courses that are available as public and as private in-house courses. Courses can lead to certification, but this skills-based training leads to increased proficiency even without certification. ICA Associates Inc. 401 Richmond St. W., Suite 405, Toronto ON Canada M5V 3A8. Phone 416-691-2316 Fax 416-691-2491, ica(at)ica-associates.ca http://ica-associates.ca