Microsoft® Office Access® 2010: Level 1
Course Specifications –
Course number: 084587
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Certification: MOS: Microsoft Office Access 2010
Note: Includes all Course Materials and a partial Voucher toward the Exam.
Course Description –
Course Objective: You will create and modify new databases and their various objects.
Target Student: This course is designed for students who wish to learn the basic operations of the Microsoft Access database program to perform their day-to-day responsibilities, and who want to use the application to be more productive in their work. It provides the fundamental knowledge and techniques needed to use more complex Access features such as maintaining databases and using programming techniques that enhance Access applications.
Prerequisites: To be successful in this course, you should be familiar with using personal computers and you should have used the mouse and keyboard. You should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on the computer. Specifically, you should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. To ensure your success, we recommend you first take one of the introductory Windows courses, such as either of the following, or have equivalent skills and knowledge:
- Windows XP Professional: Level 1 or
- Windows XP: Introduction
Certification: This course is one of a series of courseware titles that addresses Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification skill sets. The MOS and certification program is for individuals who use Microsoft's business desktop software and who seek recognition for their expertise with specific Microsoft products.
Course Objectives –
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the basic components of an Access database.
- Build the structure of a database.
- Manage data in tables.
- Query a database.
- Design forms.
- Generate reports.
Course Content –
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Access Databases
- Topic 1A: Identify the Elements of the Access 2010 Interface
- Topic 1B: Identify the Components of a Database
- Topic 1C: Examine the Relational Database Design Process
Lesson 2: Building the Structure of a Database
- Topic 2A: Create a New Database
- Topic 2B: Create a Table Using the Design View
- Topic 2C: Manage Tables
- Topic 2D: Establish Table Relationships
Lesson 3: Managing Data in a Table
- Topic 3A: Modify Table Data
- Topic 3B: Sort and Filter Records
- Topic 3C: Work with Subdatasheets
Lesson 4: Querying a Database
- Topic 4A: Create a Query
- Topic 4B: Add Criteria to a Query
- Topic 4C: Add a Calculated Field to a Query
- Topic 4D: Perform Calculations on a Record Grouping
Lesson 5: Designing Forms
- Topic 5A: Create a Form
- Topic 5B: Modify the Design of a Form
- Topic 5C: View and Edit Data Using an Access Form
Lesson 6: Generating Reports
- Topic 6A: Create a Report
- Topic 6B: Add a Control to a Report
- Topic 6C: Format the Controls in a Report
- Topic 6D: Enhance the Appearance of a Report
- Topic 6E: Prepare a Report for Print