Microsoft® Office Excel® 2010: Level 2 (Second Edition)
Course number: 084677
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Certification: MOS: Microsoft Office Excel 2010, MOS: Microsoft Office Excel 2010 Expert
Exam: General 77–882, Expert 77–888
Note: Includes all Course Materials and a Voucher toward the Cost of the Exam.
Course Description –
Course Objective: You will use advanced formulas and work with various tools to analyze data in spreadsheets. You will also organize table data, present data as charts, and enhance the look and appeal of workbooks by adding graphical objects.
Target Student: This course is meant for those desiring to gain advanced skill sets necessary for calculating data using functions and formulas, sorting and filtering data, using PivotTables and PivotCharts for analyzing data, and customizing workbooks.
Prerequisites: Before starting this course, students are recommended to take the following course or have equivalent knowledge: Microsoft® Office Excel® 2010: Level 1.
Certification: This course is one of a series of courseware titles that addresses Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification skill sets. The MOS and certification program is for individuals who use Microsoft's business desktop software and who seek recognition for their expertise with specific Microsoft products.
Course Objectives –
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use advanced formulas.
- Organize worksheet and table data using various techniques.
- Create and modify charts.
- Analyze data using PivotTables, Slicers, and PivotCharts.
- Insert and modify graphic objects in a worksheet.
- Customize and enhance workbooks and the Microsoft Office Excel environment.
Course Content –
Lesson 1: Calculating Data with Advanced Formulas
- Topic 1A: Apply Cell and Range Names
- Topic 1B: Calculate Data Across Worksheets
- Topic 1C: Use Specialized Functions
- Topic 1D: Analyze Data with Logical and Lookup Functions
Lesson 2: Organizing Worksheet and Table Data
- Topic 2A: Create and Modify Tables
- Topic 2B: Format Tables
- Topic 2C: Sort or Filter Data
- Topic 2D: Use Functions to Calculate Data
Lesson 3: Presenting Data Using Charts
- Topic 3A: Create a Chart
- Topic 3B: Modify Charts
- Topic 3C: Format Charts
Lesson 4: Analyzing Data Using PivotTables, Slicers, and PivotCharts
- Topic 4A: Create a Pivot Table Report
- Topic 4B: Filter Data Using Slicers
- Topic 4C: Analyze Data Using PivotCharts
Lesson 5: Inserting Graphic Objects
- Topic 5A: Insert and Modify Pictures and ClipArt
- Topic 5B: Draw and Modify Shapes
- Topic 5C: Illustrate Workflow Using SmartArt Graphics
- Topic 5D: Layer and Group Graphic Objects
Lesson 6: Customizing and Enhancing the Excel Environment
- Topic 6A: Customize the Excel Environment
- Topic 6B: Customize Workbooks
- Topic 6C: Manage Themes
- Topic 6D: Create and Use Templates