Microsoft® SharePoint® Foundation 2010: Level 2
Course Specifications –
Course number: 084697
Course length: 2.0 day(s)
Certification: This course is one of a series of courseware titles that addresses Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification skill sets. The MOS and certification program is for individuals who use Microsoft's business desktop software and who seek recognition for their expertise with specific Microsoft products.
Exam: 77-886 (exams are optional and are NOT required to complete course)
Course Description –
Course Objective: You will manage site collections and site components as a site collection administrator and as a site administrator.
Target Student: This course is designed for individual contributors or departmental staff in a variety of job roles, such as administrative assistants, functional or operations managers, with basic SharePoint skills, and who have the responsibility for managing SharePoint sites as an enabling technology within their workgroups, not necessarily IT tech professionals.
Prerequisites: The following course or equivalent experience is required:
- Microsoft® SharePoint® Foundation 2010: Level 1
Course Objectives –
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Brand a site collection.
- Manage lists in a site collection.
- Manage document libraries.
- Manage form libraries in a site collection.
- Manage content structures in a site collection.
- Manage a workflow.
- Manage indexing and searching options.
- Enable offline work with SharePoint sites using SharePoint Workspace 2010.
- Manage a SharePoint application using Central Administration.
- Manage user access.
- Manage security options in Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010.
- Manage site usage.
- Perform site maintenance.
Course Content –
Lesson 1: Branding a Site Collection
- Topic 1A: Describe the SharePoint Site Hierarchy
- Topic 1B: Create a Custom Look and Feel for a Site Collection
- Topic 1C: Create a Custom Site Layout
Lesson 2: Managing Lists
- Topic 2A: Perform Calculations on List Data
- Topic 2B: Create Custom Lists
- Topic 2C: Customize List Settings
Lesson 3: Managing Libraries
- Topic 3A: Perform Advanced Operations on a Library
- Topic 3B: Create a Library Template
Lesson 4: Managing Form Libraries
- Topic 4A: Create a Form Library
- Topic 4B: Customize a Form Template Using InfoPath
Lesson 5: Managing Content Structures
- Topic 5A: Create a Content Type
- Topic 5B: Apply Content Types
Lesson 6: Managing Workflows
- Topic 6A: Add a Default Workflow
- Topic 6B: Create a Custom Workflow
Lesson 7: Working with Indexing and Searching
- Topic 7A: Index Content
- Topic 7B: Enable Search Options
Lesson 8: Working Offline Using SharePoint Workspace 2010
- Topic 8A: Synchronize a SharePoint Site on the Local Computer
- Topic 8B: Perform Offline Operations on a SharePoint Site
Lesson 9: Managing SharePoint Applications Using Central Administration
- Topic 9A: Create a Site Collection
- Topic 9B: Administer a Site Collection
- Topic 9C: Administer a Web Application
Lesson 10: Managing User Access
- Topic 10A: Manage Permissions
- Topic 10B: Describe Authentication Modes
Lesson 11: Managing Site Security
- Topic 11A: Set Web Part Security
- Topic 11B: Set Antivirus Options
- Topic 11C: Manage Blocked File Types
Lesson 12: Managing Site Usage
- Topic 12A: Set Site Collection Quotas and Locks
- Topic 12B: Monitor Site Usage
Lesson 13: Managing Site Maintenance
- Topic 13A: Recover Lost Information
- Topic 13B: Perform a Granular Backup
- Topic 13C: Restore a Granular Backup
- Topic 13D: Perform a Farm Backup
- Topic 13E: Restore a Farm Backup