Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012 R2: Installation and Configuration (Exam 70-410)
Course Specifications –
Course Number: 093101
Course Length: 5 days (1day/week over 5 weeks starting November 14th, 2016)
Certification: This course is part of the Microsoft Certification Path for Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012 R2: Installation and Configuration
Welcome to Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012 R2: Installation and Configuration (Exam 70-410). This course covers all the topics listed in the exam objectives for 70-410. It also contains practical information for the working server administrator. In addition to this book, the successful student will become comfortable with all procedures and activities listed in this book, and refer to the websites listed in the student notes throughout the content.
Course Objectives: –
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to install and configure Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 and its core services, and manage Active Directory objects.
- Plan, install, and configure Windows Server 2012.
- Install and configure an Active Directory domain controller.
- Administer Active Directory objects.
- Automate administrative tasks.
- Configure IPv4.
- Configure IPv6.
- Install and configure DHCP.
- Install and configure DNS.
- Configure storage spaces and file and print services.
- Configure Group Policy.
- Secure Windows servers.
- Install and configure virtual servers and clients.
Target Student: Students taking this course are system administrators or prospective system administrators who have some knowledge of and experience working with Windows Server and who want to further develop their skills for Active Directory and Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 implementation. This course is also for students seeking the Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) certification and want to prepare for Exam 70-410, Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success in this course, you should understand the fundamentals of networking. You should have experience with completing administration and security tasks in an enterprise environment. In addition, you should be comfortable with supporting, configuring, and using a Windows® client such as Windows Vista®, Windows 7, or Windows 8. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following courses:
- CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-005)
- CompTIA® Security+® (Exam SY0-301)
Course Content –
Lesson 1: Planning, Installing, and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Topic A: Introduction to Windows Server 2012
- Topic B: Describe Windows Server 2012 Management
- Topic C: Plan and Install Windows Server 2012
- Topic D: Configure Windows Server 2012
Lesson 2: Installing and Configuring an Active Directory Domain Controller
- Topic A: Overview of Active Directory
- Topic B: Install an Active Directory Domain Controller
Lesson 3: Administering Active Directory Objects
- Topic A: Design and Create an Active Directory Hierarchy
- Topic B: Manage Users
- Topic C: Manage Computers
- Topic D: Manage Groups
- Topic E: Delegate Administrative Tasks
Lesson 4: Automating Administrative Tasks
- Topic A: Introduction to Windows PowerShell
- Topic B: Use Windows PowerShell to Manage Active Directory Objects
- Topic C: Use Command-Line Tools to Administer Active Directory
- Topic D: Use Bulk Operations
Lesson 5: Configuring IPv4
- Topic A: Overview of the TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- Topic B: Describe IPv4 Addressing
- Topic C: Implement Subnetting and Supernetting
- Topic D: Configure and Troubleshoot IPv4
Lesson 6: Configuring IPv6
- Topic A: Overview of IPv6
- Topic B: Implement IPv6 Addressing
- Topic C: Implement IPv6 and IPv4
- Topic D: Transition from IPv4 to IPv6
Lesson 7: Installing and Configuring DHCP
- Topic A: Install the DHCP Server Role
- Topic B: Configure DHCP Scopes
- Topic C: Manage a DHCP Database
- Topic D: Secure and Monitor a DHCP Server
Lesson 8: Installing and Configuring DNS
- Topic A: Overview of DNS
- Topic B: Install and Configure the DNS Server Role
Lesson 9: Configuring Storage Spaces and File and Print Services
- Topic A: Design and Implement Storage Spaces
- Topic B: Secure Files and Folders
- Topic C: Configure Offline Files and Shadow Copies
- Topic D: Implement Network Printing
Lesson 10: Configuring Group Policy
- Topic A: Create Group Policy Objects
- Topic B: Group Policy Processing
- Topic C: Implement a Central Store
Lesson 11: Securing Windows Servers
- Topic A: Analyze Security
- Topic B: Configure Windows Server User Security
- Topic C: Configure Windows Server Software Security
- Topic D: Configure Windows Firewall
Lesson 12: Installing and Configuring Virtual Servers and Clients
- Topic A: Identify Virtualization Solutions
- Topic B: Implement Hyper-V
- Topic C: Configure Hyper-V
- Topic D: Manage Virtual Networking