Actions and Detail Panel
Microsoft Word 2010: Level 2 (Exam 77-881)
Tue, 17 January 2017, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM MST
Microsoft® Office Word 2010: Level 2
Course Specifications –
Course number: 084583
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Certification: This course is one of a series of courseware titles that addresses Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification skill sets. The MOS and certification program is for individuals who use Microsoft's business desktop software and who seek recognition for their expertise with specific Microsoft products.
Exam: 77-881 (exams are optional and are NOT required to complete course)
Note: Includes all Course Materials and a Voucher toward the Exam
Course Description –
Course Objective: You will create complex documents and build personalized efficiency tools using Microsoft Office Word 2010.
Target Student: This course is designed for persons who are able to create and modify standard business documents in Microsoft Word 2010, but need to know how to create or modify complex business documents and customized Word efficiency tools. It also aims to assist persons preparing for the Microsoft Office Specialist exams for Microsoft Word 2010.
Prerequisites: Students should be able to use Microsoft Word 2010 to create, edit, format, save, and print basic business documents containing text, tables, and graphics. Students can obtain this level of skill by taking the following course:
- Microsoft® Office Word 2010: Level 1
Course Objectives –
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Manage lists.
- Customize tables and charts.
- Customize the formatting of a document using styles and themes.
- Modify pictures in a document.
- Create customized graphic elements.
- Insert content using Quick Parts.
- Control text flow.
- Use templates to automate document creation.
- Use the mail merge function.
- Use macros to automate common tasks.
Course Content –
Lesson 1: Managing Lists
- Topic 1A: Sort a List
- Topic 1B: Renumber a List
- Topic 1C: Customize a List
Lesson 2: Customizing Tables and Charts
- Topic 2A: Sort Table Data
- Topic 2B: Control Cell Layout
- Topic 2C: Perform Calculations in a Table
- Topic 2D: Create Charts
Lesson 3: Creating Customized Formats with Styles and Themes
- Topic 3A: Create or Modify a Text Style
- Topic 3B: Create a Custom List or Table Style
- Topic 3C: Apply Default and Customized Document Themes
Lesson 4: Modifying Pictures
- Topic 4A: Resize a Picture
- Topic 4B: Adjust the Picture Appearance Settings
- Topic 4C: Wrap Text Around a Picture
- Topic 4D: Insert and Format Screenshots in a Document
Lesson 5: Creating Customized Graphic Elements
- Topic 5A: Create Text Boxes and Pull Quotes
- Topic 5B: Draw Shapes
- Topic 5C: Add WordArt and Other Special Effects to Text
- Topic 5D: Create Complex Illustrations with SmartArt
Lesson 6: Inserting Content Using Quick Parts
- Topic 6A: Insert Building Blocks
- Topic 6B: Create Building Blocks
- Topic 6C: Modify Building Blocks
- Topic 6D: Insert Fields Using Quick Parts
Lesson 7: Controlling Text Flow
- Topic 7A: Control Paragraph Flow
- Topic 7B: Insert Section Breaks
- Topic 7C: Insert Columns
- Topic 7D: Link Text Boxes to Control Text Flow
Lesson 8: Using Templates to Automate Document Creation
- Topic 8A: Create a Document Based on a Template
- Topic 8B: Create a Template
Lesson 9: Automating the Mail Merge
- Topic 9A: Use the Mail Merge Feature
- Topic 9B: Merge Envelopes and Labels
- Topic 9C: Create a Data Source Using Word
Lesson 10: Using Macros to Automate Tasks
- Topic 10A: Automate Tasks Using Macros
- Topic 10B: Create a Macro