San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Hope this message finds you well. We are pleased to announce that our upcoming Mindfulness Halton/Peel meeting will be on Monday Apr. 24th at 7pm. We have our very own Dee Miron, Occupational Therapist and Mindfulness Teacher to lead us through the evening. Dee has a special interest and background in mental health, also working for the Department of Veterans' Affairs. Dee has taken numerous workshops and seminars related to mindfulness and mental health; including Level 1 Certification in MBCT Facilitation from the Centre for Mindfulness Studies and training in MBCPM with Dr. Jackie Gardner-Nix. Dee will share her passion, interests, and expertise in being a mindfulness teacher and will guide us through her favourite practices.
Once again, we would like to let you know that Mindfulness Halton/Peel Professional Community has been chosen to be a Community Partner for the 3rd annual upcoming A Mindful Society Conference, taking place at the University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada April 21-23, 2017. This is an opportunity for knowledge translation and connection with the national and international mindfulness community. This year's theme is Finding Common Ground: Frontiers of Human & Community Potential. Dr. Dan Siegel will be the Keynote Speaker and Workshop Leader. Plase click here to register for the Conference. If you are planning to attend, please let us know so that we can meet up and sit together if that would be of interest to you.
In addition to the conference, we'd like to share some related community resources:
1) Speak Peace with Compassionate Communication - The Centre for Compassion and Wisdom: https://speakpeace.eventbrite.ca
2) 16 Guidelines for Life - Fri - Sun April 7 - 9, 9 - 4 pm, Ottawa ON, Ottawa Mindfulness Clinic: to register firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) in Mississauga - 8-week, evidence-based Mindfulness Training: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/8-week-mindfulness-training-mbct-spring-2017-registration-30865672056
4) Silent Retreats - Centre for Mindfulness Studies -http://www.mindfulnessstudies.com/personal/silent-retreat/
5) Heart of Mindfulness Retreat - June 23 - 25, 2017 - Ottawa Mindfulness Clinic: Galilee Retreat Centre, Arnprior ON, https://ottawamindfulnessclinic.com/omc-programs/retreats-workshops/heart-of-mindfulness-retreat-registration/
MHP Steering Committee
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." ~ Viktor E. Frankl
When & Where
Mindfulness Halton/Peel Professionals' Community
Mindfulness Halton/Peel Founding Members
Mindfulness Halton/Peel is a vibrant community of professionals dedicated to the principles and practice of mindfulness in all sectors of society.