The Role of Science in Food Security
1:00pm Welcome and Objectives for the Session
- Mary Buhr, President, Association of Canadian Faculties of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine (ACFAVM)
1:20pm Current State of Food Insecurity in Canada
- Professor Hugo Melgar-Quinonez, Director McGill Institute for Global Food Security
2:00pm Science and Food Security – Role of Research and Innovation
- Karen Chad, Vice President, Research. University of Saskatchewan
2:30pm Food Safety Aspects of Food Security – Role of Universities in Public Health
- Cheryl Waldner, Professor, Epidemiology, Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
3:30pm The Challenge of Change: Engaging Public Universities to Feed the World
- Peter McPherson, President, Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU)
4:00pm Are we ready for the challenge?
- Deans’ Panel
4:45pm Wrap up and what now?
Share your thoughts on the event – use the hashtag #Mindshare2016
This Mindshare Event brought to you jointly by