Actions and Detail Panel
Movement Flow Workshop: How to Cue, Combine and Coach Creative Movement
Sat, 17 December 2016, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM EST
Handstands and levers don't just happen, neither do beautiful movement patterns.
We know that movement flow, the transition between movements and coaching foundational exercises first before strength lifts is important, but how do we cue and coach them? How do we bridge the gap between conventional body weight movements and fluid, more challenging movements like levers, handstands, or crawling?
This 4 hr intensive workshop is for you.
Plateaus in strength, overall health and sport can be blamed on a number of things, but faulty movement patterns lie at the centre. When a client lacks full range of motion, or lacks strength in extremities like the wrists and feet, they are limiting their training potential. Learn how to get more out of your clients.
Geared towards personal trainers, kinesiologists, dance and movement instructors and yoga instructors, this workshop will give you the tools to recognize faulty movement patterns, cue and regress large movements into smaller movements, combine movements together and teach fluid movement. Handstands are no longer only for the gymnastic coach to teach and locomotion isn't only for the running coach to assess. Learn a plethora of mobility drills, learn how to master proper exercise positioning before adding load, and learn about the tendons and ligaments - often the weakest link in a client's body.
Tyler Touchette from Caveman Strong will give you simple regression and progression exercises for mobility, challenging movements like handstands, wrist and feet training, and massive movement patterns like locomotion and crawling. Being a seeker and movement and exercise nerd for his entire career, Tyler has learned from the best movement coaches in the world including, but not limited to, Coach Chris Sommer and Ido Portal. He has helped everyone from seniors and gymnasts to professional athletes. He loves sharing his experience and what he has learned over the years with others.
Breakdown of the Workshop:
1:00pm: MOVEMENT OVERVIEW
- understanding the gap between a client's training potential and their basic movement patterns
- where are we going wrong and what can we do to fix the issues we see?
1:15pm: MOBILITY DRILLS + WRIST AND FEET TRAINING
- if a client cannot perform a movement or lacks ROM, what do you do?
- gain a mobility drill library from Tyler that you can pull from to assist your client
- learn proper mobility drill cues and coaching techniques
2:15pm: BASICS OF HANDSTAND TRAINING
- what needs to be developed in order for handstands to be possible for clients?
- learn about regressions and progressions of this movement
2:45pm: Lunch Break
3:15pm: MASSIVE MOVEMENT PATTERNS
- crawling, locomotion, multi-planar and ground-based movements
- how to cue, combine and coach these
4:15pm: PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- how do we incorporate all these new skills and movements into a client's training program?
**send the agenda and certificate of competion in for credits from Can-Fit-Pro, CSEP, OSF, ACSM, ACE, NSCA, and more.
Location: EPIC Fitness + Lifestyle
1459 Ogilvie Rd at Bathgate (close to Gloucester transitway, 417, Bridgehead, Loblaws and Starbucks)
Bring: workout clothes, water, lunch, notebook, pen, phone for taking photos of exercises
Price: $200/person, 20 people maximum
Tyler's website, experience and bio: here
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org