Did you know that an employee leaving your organization can cost about 130% to 200% or more of the replacement salary costs? On top of that business owners are losing productivity, time required to train the new hire, as well as the impact to staff morale, existing staff workload and client relationships.
Did you know that compliance in HR related regulatory and mandatory requirements are expected even with companies who have only a few staff?
In this seminar you will learn about:
- the importance of building the team that will drive your business success
- how to determine whether and when to hire a consultant or a staff member, and the differences (from CRA) between the two
- the steps and strategies to increasing your success rate of recruiting your best possible staff
- the strategies and tips for retaining staff and creating a strong workplace culture
- key requirements to be compliant with WSIB, Occupational Health and Safety, Workplace Harassment and Violence, AODA and other compliance requirements
About Hilda Gan
Hilda Gan brings over 20 years of Human Resources expertise. She was instrumental in creating a 50 Best Workplaces in Canada® - Top 10 for two consecutive years.
Unique among HR Consultants, Hilda combines her HR expertise and business owner experience to provide practical solutions that understand the needs of running a profitable business with the needs of recruiting and retaining the best talent feasible.
Save This Event
When & Where
Markham Small Business Centre
Markham Small Business Centre (MSBC) is an office of the City of Markham in partnership with the Government of Ontario, we are a member of the provincial Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs (ONE). MSBC provides free and confidential business advice and information to entrepreneurs and small business owners through:
- Group information/consultation sessions
- One-on-one appointments
- Educational seminars
- Responding to business inquiries
Specializing in start-up and early stage growth, on topics such as:
- Start-up regulations
- Business planning
- Marketing research and strategy
- Understanding business financing
- Business taxation
- Youth entrepreneurship grants and programs