Municipal Solid Waste Landfill Design
You will learn:
Configuration of a sanitary landfill for land disposal of Municipal Solid Waste along with landfill leachate and gas management, earth and geosynthetic bottom liners, energy recovery and geotechnical aspects according to Ontario Landfill Standard.
Who Should Attend:
Civil, environmental and geotechnical engineers, technicians, technologists involved in waste management, landfill design, landfill gas management and energy recovery, leachate treatment etc.
- Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) characterization
- Overview of Ontario Landfill Stanrds and US EPA design guidelines
- Site Selection criteria and procedure
- Bottom liners (compacted clay liners (CCLs) and Geosynthetic barriers
- Leachate collection
- Landfill Gas (LFG) modeling and recovery
- Final caps
- Leachate management and treatment
- Gas management and energy recovery
NOTE: Students who successfully accomplish the final project will receive an official certificate of completion.
You will also receive a free course manual upon registration (in the beginning of class).
Group of three or more will receive 10% discount.
visit us at: www.nycollege.ca
Dr. Safari is a Visiting Professor at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and the Head of head of geoenvironmental lab at GeoEngineering Research Group at Carleton University with 20 years of industrial and research experience in geo-environmental engineering and waste management.
He has been involved in over 40 environmental and geo-environmental engineering and research projects around the world. He teaches environmental and geo-environmental engineering courses at graduate levels.