Actions and Detail Panel
National Volunteer Week Twitter Chat: The Importance of Mentorship to Entre...
Tue, 25 April 2017, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EDT
Join us for a Twitter chat in celebration of National Volunteer Week on April 25th. We will be chatting about the importance of mentorship for entrepreneurs to honour and celebrate the almost 3,000 volunteer mentors who help make the Canadian entrepreneurial ecosystem stronger and brighter.
We'll be joined by special guests:
- Mary Jane Copps, Owner, The Phone Lady and 2016 BDC Mentorship Award Winner
- Kaleena & Brandon Morrison, Founders, United & Free and Futurpreneur's
- Linda Morana, Mentor in Residence, Futurpreneur Canada
- Jeremy O'Krafka, Founder, MENTORnetwork
- Keith Ippel, CEO and Cofounder, Spring
- Alpana Sharma, Communications Officer, Women's Enterprise Centre
- Forum for Women Entrepreneurs
Here are the questions we will be discussing:
Q1) Do you have a mentor in your life whether informally or formally?
Q2) How has mentorship helped you as an entrepreneur or in your career?
Q3) Why do you feel mentorship is so important to new entrepreneurs in particular?
Q4) Mentorship is said to help businesses survive 5+ years. Do you agree that mentorship plays a role in a business’s survival rate?
Q5) What about peer-to-peer mentoring? How valuable is it to look to your peers for guidance and advice?
Q6) What do you think are the most important things to look for in a mentor?
Q7) What are your tips and advice to get the most out of a meeting with your mentor?
Q8) Give a shout out to a mentor you’ve had (past or present) that has made an impact in your life.
Follow along with the hashtag #Iheartmentors.