We use soap everyday but how is it made? Join us on Sunday November 6th to learn all the bubbly details of traditional soapmaking. Discover the differences and benefits of “real” natural soap vs the commercial brands through an interactive, hands on workshop, where you will learn the techniques, the ingredients and equipment needed to make your own sudsy bars. We will give you safety info, touch on some fun science (the backbone of soap), the differences in ingredients and the methods and techniques to create your own custom bars. Participants will customize, mix and mold their own luxurious bars to take home.
You will learn:
- Benefits of 100% natural soap vs commercial brands
- Ingredients and equipment needed to make your own soap
- Knowledge of the process and techniques of traditional soapmaking through hands on training
- Creative ways to custom design your soap and other tips and tricks.
You will want to attend if:
- You are looking for better, safer and more sustainable soap options
- You or someone you care about has sensitivities and you’re looking for alternatives
- You want to learn a beneficial DIY craft that has endless creative possibilities
You will get:
- Hands-on guidance from two experienced soapmakers
- Custom made batches of soap to take home
- Lye handling and safety
- A handout of all the information covered with recipies
Heather and Kate have been passionately creating luxurious natural soap together for two years. Pleasantly surprised at the accessibility of the soap making process, they are continually inspired by nature’s gifts in the creation of new recipes. Heather and Kate are very intrigued by the powerful healing and mood altering potential of essential oils, and use them extensively in their daily routine. When they're not busy concocting personal care recipes, you can find them hula hooping with the Royal City Hoop Union.
When: Sunday, November 6th, 10:00am-1:30pm
Where: Artisanale French Country Cooking, 214 Woolwich Street, Guelph
Cost: $120 - includes two batches of soap to take home, molds and recipes
- Minga will provide a 100% refund for workshops cancelled by Minga.
- If a registrant cancels a workshop with more than 48 hours notice, a 100% refund will be issued.
- If a registrant cancels with less than 48 hours notice or does not show up, no refund will be issued.
- We are unable to provide a refund after a workshop has taken place for any reason.
- The above policies apply for pre-registered workshops. Refunds or credits will not be issued for a missed class.
* Please note that we’ll be sending out information about the specifics of the workshop a few days, including a reminder of what to bring.
** Please also note that you do not need to register through Eventbrite to participate in the workshop. If you would rather pay by cash or cheque, please contact email@example.com.