NCCEH eJournal Club - January 2016
Thursday, January 26, 2017 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The NCCEH eJournal Club is a series of informal hour-long sessions discussing and appraising articles relating to environmental health. Active participation is encouraged. Although these sessions are directed at public health inspectors, anyone interested in a given topic is more than welcome to take part.
Please note the recent change to webinar audio delivery, highlighted further below.
Details for the next seminar
Title of paper: The Role of Public Health Inspectors in Maintaining Housing in Northern and Rural Communities: Recommendations to Support Public Health Practice (Lefebvre et al., 2012).
Please click here to download the paper.
- In your local or provincial public health region, which professionals are responsible for addressing physical housing hazards? Which should be?
- What are some health equity considerations when assessing and responding to physical housing hazards?
- What are some of the challenges of a broad definition of “health hazard” when responding to health-related housing complaints?
- Dr. Karen Rideout, Environmental Health Policy Analyst, BCCDC/NCCEH
- Dr. Helen Ward, Environmental Health Scientist, NCCEH
Continuing education credits: 2 CIPHI PDHs
These sessions are eligible for CIPHI Professional Development Hours. If you would like a letter of credit validation for CIPHI PDHs, please specify this on the registration form. Letters are sent out annually in January.
Before the webinar
Please use the link below to test your computer’s system compatibility before the webinar to make sure all the requirements are met and you have enough time to update your system if needed.
You might need to make changes to your firewall and Flash. If you will be joining the webinar from work – please get IT department to help you with proper installations.
To join the webinar
1. Click to enter meeting room https://connectpro66084143.adobeconnect.com/r39054734
2. Choose the top button Enter as a Guest
3. Type in your first and last name
4. Click Enter Room
After typing in your name, Adobe Connect will take 5-10 seconds and 2 screens to automatically direct you to the webcast.
For the first time, audio will be delivered through Adobe Connect in place of the usual teleconference line. You may contribute to the discussion using a stand-alone microphone or one built into another device, such as a headset or webcam. Those without a microphone may still contribute by typing into the chat window.
We will not be able to diagnose technical issues during the presentation. If you need assistance prior to the seminar, please contact Lawrence.Pernica@bccdc.ca. Please ensure that you test your system prior to the seminar. You can also get technical assistance from Adobe Connect online or at 1-800-422-3623.