Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) - Advanced - HWMH - Jan 20
About the program
The Neonatal Resuscitation Program features hands-on skills training, simulation-based learning, and debriefing exercises with the neonatal resuscitation team. Our NRP instructors are a combination of nurses, physicians, respiratory therapists, and midwives with substantial newborn care experience.
There are two versions of the Neonatal Resuscitation Program available through the Simulation and Outreach Program. There are Basic and Advanced courses available, according to the needs of the participant.
The Advanced course is intended for healthcare professionals who are members of any team that provides advanced interventions during newborn resuscitation, according to their role and scope of practice.
- Covers Lessons 1-9 (of the 6th Edition textbook and exam) or Lessons 1-11 (of the 7th Edition textbook and exam)
- Includes: principles of resuscitation, initial steps of resuscitation, use of resuscitation devices, chest compressions, and ethics and care at the End of Life. Plus: endotracheal intubation, laryngeal mask airway insertion, umbilical venous cannulation, medication administration, special considerations, and resuscitation of preterm infants.
- Requires successful completion of an Advanced Megacode Resuscitation.
MD, RM, RN, RPN, RRT, GRT, ACP, or CCP
Andrew Latchman, MD, FRCPC
Kevin Middleton, RRT, BSc, MEd
Neonatal Resuscitation Textbook, 6th Edition (with DVD-ROM) or 7th Edition: This text facilitates the required self-paced learning approach and helps students prepare for the mandatory online examination the preceeds the NRP course.
For the Canadian addendum and medications table, click here
*Note: Course registration does not include course materials nor online exam.
Please note that the following Cancellation Policy applies to this course:
• Requests to withdraw from a course (cancel registration) can only be completed through the Eventbrite registration system. Please go to www.eventbrite.ca/mytickets to manage your registration.
• Refunds will be made according to the date of the request based on the following timelines:
More than 3 weeks before the start of the course = 100% refund
Between 2-3 weeks before the start of the course = 75% refund
Less than 2 weeks, but more than 1 week before the start of the course = 50% refund
1 week or less before the start of the course = No refund
• If you are unable to attend the course, a friend or colleague can be substituted in your place at no additional charge.
• To transfer to an alternate course date, you must withdraw from the course that you originally registered for and complete the registration process for the course date that you want to attend. Course withdrawal conditions listed above apply.
• No refunds will be issued for withdrawals requested 1 week or less prior to a course. No refunds will be given for “no shows”.