Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)- for Current Clinical Providers-May 12
Friday, 12 May 2017 from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (EDT)
About the Program
Training in the Neonatal Resuscitation Program is a three-step process including:
(1) A self-directed learning component,
(2) Successful completion of an on-line knowledge exam, and
(3) Attendance at a day-long classroom session for hands-on skill development, practice, and testing.
Our NRP instructors are a combination of nurses, physicians, respiratory therapists, and midwives with substantial newborn care experience.
During our NRP courses, participants learn and work together as members of a neonatal resuscitation team. All participants must learn and practice in the various roles of a neonatal resuscitation team.
To best meet the learning needs of our course participants, the Simulation and Outreach Program offers NRP courses according to a participant's experience level and current clinical role. Courses will be delivered to maximize learning according to whether participants are New Providers/Student Providers or Current Clinical Providers.
This course is for Current Clinical Providers. It will be targeted specifically to the learning needs of healthcare professionals who currently provide newborn resuscitation as part of their clinical responsibilities, on a regular and on-going basis.
- Covers Lessons 1-11
- Includes: principles of resuscitation, initial steps of resuscitation, use of resuscitation devices, chest compressions, endotracheal intubation, laryngeal mask airway insertion, umbilical venous cannulation, medication administration, special considerations, and resuscitation of preterm infants and ethics and care at the End of Life.
- Requires successful completion of a Basic or Advanced Integrated Skills Assessment (practical test) according to the participant's legal scope of practice.
(1) MD, RM, RN, RPN, RRT, GRT, ACP, or CCP,
(2) Responsible for providing newborn resuscitation within their current clinical role, and
(3) Successful completion of the 7th Edition online examination prior to attending the classroom session.
NRP Course Details and Preparation
For essential details on how to obtain materials and to prepare for your classroom session, please use the following links:
Andrew Latchman, MD, FRCPC
Kevin Middleton, RRT, BSc, MEd
Please note that the following Cancellation Policy applies to this course:
• Requests to withdraw from a course (cancel registration) can only be completed through the Eventbrite registration system. Please go to www.eventbrite.ca/mytickets to manage your registration.
• Refunds will be made according to the date of the request based on the following timelines:
More than 3 weeks before the start of the course = 100% refund
Between 2-3 weeks before the start of the course = 75% refund
Less than 2 weeks, but more than 1 week before the start of the course = 50% refund
1 week or less before the start of the course = No refund
• If you are unable to attend the course, a friend or colleague can be substituted in your place at no additional charge.
• To transfer to an alternate course date, you must withdraw from the course that you originally registered for and complete the registration process for the course date that you want to attend. Course withdrawal conditions listed above apply.
• No refunds will be issued for withdrawals requested 1 week or less prior to a course. No refunds will be given for “no shows”.