San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
NEW DATE: DECEMBER 17-18th, 2016
“If you facilitate meetings or engage others in the work you do, this course could greatly improve your effectiveness.” – Speaking in Pictures Participant
Back by popular demand! For more detailed information on the course, head to: https://stinabrown.wordpress.com/speaking-in-pictures/
This is a two-day course taking place:
- ArtStarts: 808 Richards Street, Vancouver BC, V6B 3A7
Visual language for teachers, professionals, facilitators, planning and engagement specialists, aspiring graphic recorders and anyone interested in developing this highly flexible and valuable skillset.
We all, to some extent, think in pictures – but we hardly ever speak in pictures. This course sets the stage to change that.
- A unique visual alphabet/lexicon of symbols to use in your work – the basics of Graphic Recording
- Improved meeting design with graphics and graphic elements, customizing and creating graphic templates
- Deeper listening and concentration skills
- Tips and tricks to make meetings more effective with creativity and visual elements
- Subtle sense development: ability to draw the energy beneath your symbols
- Self Knowledge: exploring assumptions, biases, abilities and beliefs to know who exactly is “present” and what influences we have on the meetings we lead
- Using visual language in space: designing the learning environment
This experiential course is designed with multiple learning and social styles in mind. There is no artistic ability pre-requisite for the course and you will leave with significant skills improvement.
Why LEARN Graphic Recording/Facilitation?
It is believed that people gain 75% of what they know visually. Here is a short (partial) list of the benefits of using Graphic Recording skills for better group meeting results:
- Enhancing group memory – we can remember more when we take a mental picture and link it back to what we remember hearing
- Improving shared understanding as group members link what they are hearing with what they are seeing
- Reinforcing the main ideas and themes, minimizing misunderstanding
- Attracting and maintaining attention and focus, saving time
- Increases engagement, enjoyment and participation
Join us for an energized 2-day intensive and see what can happen when you learn to speak in pictures! Space is limited and the class is expected to fill up ~ sign up now.
What do I need to bring?
Bring a bag lunch and a water bottle. All other materials will be provided.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
Yes, as long as you let us know the person whose ticket you're taking.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
What is the refund policy?
Full refunds will be offered up to 48 hours prior to the start of the course.
Refunds after that are on an emergency only basis.
When & Where
Stina Brown is an accomplished meeting designer, facilitator, trainer, visual practitioner and consultant. She has an extensive background in visual and creative theory and design, strategic planning, visioning, skills training and group, team and organizational development. Stina designs conversations that have the capacity to transform.
The current focus of her work is research and testing around best practices in group work. She is especially passionate about introspection, creativity, leadership and what all this rapid change means for us as humans - with each other and in the wider context of our planet. For more information about Stina's work, head to her home page.